• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help with finding a new main

Rpggames77

Smash Journeyman
Back in melee I mained/main captain falcon and shiek, in brawl I mained marth and in sm4sh I main sonic, little mac and shulk. I play pm with my friends but back in 3.0 they said I was too good at sonic so I started playing random, now its 3.6 and I want to go to tourneys but need help finding a new main. I guess im looking for a character who is fast and can do some decent damage. Can I get some help here?

NNID
ChariJimbob
3DS FC
0920-2908-2055
My suggestion? Keep being good at Sonic, they are just giving you the impression that Sonic is a n00b character. If any character was n00b, it would point somewhere to Meta Knight. I personally main Lucario.

Rpggames77

Smash Journeyman
It wasn't that I was bad it was I was too good because they just started playing and I didn't want to discourage them.

NNID
ChariJimbob
3DS FC
0920-2908-2055
Well, it seems you go for speed. I would consider Marth or Toon Link. If you're wanting to take a full notch, then Fox McCloud is the way to go.

Flippy Flippersen

Smash Journeyman
It wasn't that I was bad it was I was too good because they just started playing and I didn't want to discourage them.
If you pick a main based on not wanting to be good with it just main random. It is most likely to not get you too good.
If you wanna have a main that is your best character and you still enjoy sonic stay with him.

Eggggggggggbert

Smash Apprentice
If you're going to play in tourney why do you care about your main being too good against your friends?
Play sonic, play him for a billion years if you want. If you like making your friends ahppy, play random with them and just play sonic any other time when it matters. Don't abstain from it for their sake.

Altanic

Smash Apprentice
Choose whoever you enjoy playing most, and choose whoever caters to your kind of playstyle (this goes hand in hand.)
If you like Sonic, play Sonic. If you like characters that move fast than any of the spacies would do you well along with Diddy, Captain Falcon, Sheik, Marth, Roy, TL, Lucario, Donkey Kong (not super fast on his feet, but the combo potential is monstrous), Meta Knight, and porbably more that I'm missing but that covers a good chunk of the cast. Pikachu?

Anyway, experiment with the cast! Go into Training mode, try out their moves, and attempt to do a few combos. Although it's not a real match, it can give you a rough idea of what the character is capable of and how you would use them (like how a Samus combos might put the opponent out of her aerial range, but allows her to follow up with her charged neutral b. Whereas someone like Falco is able to throw whole combo strings together just using aerial attacks. Obviously lots of characters can do this, but my point is the difference in how they all use their specials and regulars together which effects the playstyle of that character.)

This is turning into a ramble x) Experiment, find who feels good man, and you're in there.

Top Bottom