• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help vs Ivysaur

Vyrulent

Smash Rookie
I seem to have trouble playing against my brother's Ivysaur as Wolf. I seem to usually try to zone with SHL waveland but if I ever get hit with a side b it almost always leads to a grab which leads to me being offstage which leads to me getting hit by bair and just dying. I usually approach with nair shine and this seems to work pretty well, do I just need to get better at mixing up my recovery? Any help in this matchup is greatly appreciated.

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
I'm not a Wolf expert, but Maybe try mixing up your approach instead. Maybe bait out something and capitalize on it, may jump over the Razor Leaf into a Nair Shine or into a Nair grab. Something simple I do sometimes is Up throw into Nair or another aerial. Just anything that tacks on damage works, first priority is just avoid those razor leaves until you can find a couple of safe options then mix it up with those options

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
In a way, this MU is similar to fighting link. Its a lot of baiting, conditioning, and sometimes guess work to get past the projectiles and disjoint, but speed and mobility is on your side, so enough controlled and sustained pressure is the answer to dealing with any kind of typically campy player. just keep your movements varied to keep him guessing. Mix between full hop and short hop approaches, and keep your laser usage varied too. things like DACUSes and dash attacks will be very useful at trying to get underneath ivysaur quickly should she jump to throw a razor leaf

You have to be the one to formulate an attack plan to get in, because all ivysaur is going to do in this MU is space attacks to try and cover where he thinks you 're going to approach from.

Vyrulent

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the reply guys. I actually don't seem to have much trouble in this matchup anymore. As you guys have said it's a lot of baiting and not just running in and going ham.

Top Bottom