• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

need help vs. cf

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
W/ Ness, uthrow to ****. DJC fair to ****. Dash attack to ****. This is one of Ness's better high tier matchups. Play a spacing / counter attacking game. Falcon will grab **** you so you need to space the DJC fair extremely well.

Kroy

Smash Apprentice
Where you'd least suspect. That's right you know.
I think this topic is a little out of place, but meh, it matters little.

Personal experience, don't let Falcon catch you in a full second jump or you will get a knee to the face. . Overall, CF can go off on Ness with crazy combos, so don't play recklessly and try to trade hits with him. Once you get Falcon in the air though DJC whatever like crazy, but again don't overextend.

The main two things are to not let him get under you, but more important is to not get grabbed (since it leads to the former). Falcon likes he grab combos so deny him whenever you can and make him resort to throwing out aerials. Punish as appropriate.

That's about as specific I can get since I don't play Ness enough to know his combos that well.

punisher47

Smash Journeyman
I think this topic is a little out of place, but meh, it matters little.

Personal experience, don't let Falcon catch you in a full second jump or you will get a knee to the face. . Overall, CF can go off on Ness with crazy combos, so don't play recklessly and try to trade hits with him. Once you get Falcon in the air though DJC whatever like crazy, but again don't overextend.

The main two things are to not let him get under you, but more important is to not get grabbed (since it leads to the former). Falcon likes he grab combos so deny him whenever you can and make him resort to throwing out aerials. Punish as appropriate.

That's about as specific I can get since I don't play Ness enough to know his combos that well.
what he and np said are all true. think of it this way you get grabbed thats a stock so do what ever you can not to get grabbed and no full jumps cause that will own you.

A_mArIo

Smash Cadet
djc=double jump cancel....Its when you do an arial attack in the air(duh) and.... it cancels the double jump.... in other words tou jump, double jump then arial to do attacks at low heights...and other purposes.

technomancer

Smash Champion
To Simna's Videos with you!

CF actually combos ness fairly poorly, and DI away from his throws and down and away from his uair/nairs will allow you to avoid the **** pretty well. DjC Uair is key in this one, and finish your juggle with a DjC bair (see Simna's videos and the Ness forum stickies for details.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Ness can also interrupt a lot of Falcon's combos with a well timed nair.

If you're too close to Falcon, that's a good thing to do. nair out of shield w/ ness. Also, run away and djc to bair.

Top Bottom