• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help transforming

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
OK, I'm having trouble shedding the suit in the middle of the match, without using a smash ball. In fact, I cant seem to do it all... I know on the Dojo it says to input the up, down and up taunts, but when me and my bro were playing, we accually stopped the match just to do this and we couldnt. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, whenever I want to pick ZSS at the beginning of the match, I select her on the character select screen and hold in both the buttons R and A. Is there a different way of doing it because it seems weird I have to hold in both buttons...

Solo Assass1n

Smash Journeyman
Just hold R and it should work. What I do to transform is use both hands, right thumb on up taunt, left thumb on down taunt. It's reasonable to move your right hand because it's not like you need to be attacking since you are going to be transforming anyway.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
I have to hold the controller sideways, middle finger on [up], index finger on [down], and I mash up and down like I would pull the trigger on my paintball gun. It's not much harder than extending the grapple beam in melee or fox/falco's secret taunt on corneria in melee.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
I've been spamming up and down like crazy and she still won't do it.
Aww man that's awesome out of context.

What I do is just use my index finger on my right hand horizontally (so the finger is facing left) and just move it really quickly.

That's not bad out of context either, lol. Seriously, though, it's a lot easier for me than using the left thumb as people may naturally try.

Yorenec

Smash Cadet
I turn the controller vertically with the buttons facing me, place left thumb on down and right thumb on up and mash hard. Often I'll get it nigh instantly then quickly turn the controller to normal position while she's changing, rarely does it take me more than 2 seconds to get it. However, I mostly play with classic controller. This is probably just a personal thing but after testing I've found that CC is far superior to GCN for transforming because CC's d-pad is bigger than GCN one and there's less chance of hitting left or right when trying to transform.

I've gotten the hang of the timing fir the most part too which really helps but mash is all I can say.

I really can't helping you with the timing cause there's pretty much no way to explain it except "really freaking fast".

By really freaking fast I mean anybody who can do it with one thumb/finger is pretty much god in my book.

Edit: Also, don't wait for her to stop a taunt if you screw it up. All you have to do is get it right and she'll start transforming, regardless of her being mid-taunt or not. I've tried and tried to do it mid-air and I'm starting to think it's not possible. Pretty sure you have to be on the ground and not moving at all. The good news though is that she's invincible while changing and has basically no lag coming out of it unlike PT and Zelda/Sheik to an extent.

Eten

Smash Ace
Reason why Samus to Zamus transformation takes the time it does.

The Wii actually has to load the Zamus model on the fly to do it. Found this out on the shiek/zelda/pokemon trainer forums. If you pause the game, wait a few seconds, then unpause mid-transition, the transition is faster as it has time to load up Zamus during the pause.

Yoshio!

Smash Rookie
Reason why Samus to Zamus transformation takes the time it does.

The Wii actually has to load the Zamus model on the fly to do it. Found this out on the shiek/zelda/pokemon trainer forums. If you pause the game, wait a few seconds, then unpause mid-transition, the transition is faster as it has time to load up Zamus during the pause.
O_O is this true?? i often get killed after using my final smash because of this very stupid flaw, is it fixed as easily as pausing?! O_o

EDIT: It works!!

Fearmy

Smash Ace
The way i do it on A GC is put your index pointer on the middle circle thing. then move your whole finger extremely fast while your other finger holds the controller. Takes me about 3 secs

ClobberinTime

Smash Rookie
I've had the experience that the transformation is easier/faster if you do it immediately after she drops down after she dies, but maybe I've just gotten weirdly lucky.

Top Bottom