• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

need help testing a combo:

xCheeZe

Smash Rookie
possible name: BScombo? (bstick combo)

trying to work with Bsticking but its giving me problems (just b/c i used to do aerials w/ cstick)
the combo works like this

standard Fair -> Fair -> jump -> Bstick forcepalm as the final hit

if you dont bstick the forcepalm its basically garunteed you wont be able to recover.

i've gotten close a couple times and then screw up the bsticking just b/c of natural stuff i've always done w/ the controller (but still working with it)

any help would be grateful to seeing if it works as a KO combo of sorts.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I'm positive this won't truly combo, since an opponent has plenty of time to air dodge and avoid the force palm at that distance.

xCheeZe

Smash Rookie
as if they expect it? who in their right mind would expect a forcepalm halfway off a stage being in a normal Fair lucario combo.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
As long as you mix it up and don't use it everytime, it might work. No clue, since I don't b-stick since I rely on the c-stick too much for aerials.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Even if they don't expect it, Force Palm's startup time is big enough that a good player will be able to dodge it on reaction.

Cronos_1

Smash Rookie
I don't think it'll work properly because like Nessbounder said the startup lag on Force Palm. A retreating Aura Sphere (charged or uncharged could go either way) Would be a nice combo if you could pull it off. Plus you can always mix in a Nair or a Dair if need be.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Most players are careless though, and it's almost difficult to tell whether someone is doing force palm cause all of his moves look the same. A better example of this would be sonic: Most of his moves, he attacks in a ball, so determining which one he is about to do is harder.

ArchangelRaziel

Smash Cadet
I've done this a bit, it works on occasion, but you don't want to get too redundant with it, or people will catch on. Good for a one or two time use as a KO, but not fast enough for people who learn fast not to predict.

ArchangelRaziel

Smash Cadet
Well if you just get off one kill with it, that's pretty good. :]
Yeah, that's the point. lol. you just can't use it consistantly, especially in a tournament where other players can watch you and pick up on it... Cuz it can definately be punished if you fail at it. *nod*

Top Bottom