• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Need Help) Smash Charity Event for Homeless Veterans

Sythrus

Smash Rookie
Hey all,

I'm a 14 year old boy who loves Smash and the community. All of the amazing things that this community has accomplished and all the incredible things that have happen is remarkable. Truly, there is no other gaming community like Smash.

I attend a Catholic school, in Phoenix ,Arizona, and as an eighth grader we have to do a major project that falls in line with the Catholic Social Teachings. This project is called the Arrupe Project, named after Pedro Arrupe, and we have to create an event that will help the organization I have chosen. The organization that I chose was MANA House (Marine, Air Force, Navy, Army House) and they help with homeless veterans. The number of homeless veterans has been increasing and they help any of them with transitional housing, food, water, and helping them get a career.

This organization is working for a good cause and it is not right that veterans are experiencing homelessness. We, the civilians, have the luxury to live in a house with running water, food, and a comfortable bed while there is veterans on the streets just trying to get by each day.

What I want to do for my event is hold a Smash Bros Tournament and raise money for my organization. I know it's a big task that will require much help which is why I'm posting this on Smashboards. If there is anybody or any streamers in Phoenix, Arizona that would like to help, please do. I know that there is a Melee scene in Arizona and I' trying to contact some people from the scene to help out. Right now I'm trying to getting set ups and trying to get a venue in my school but the tournament will only be successful if there is people to attend and help a good cause. I haven't decided what Smash game to be based of the tournament but that is the least of my worries. If you, the reader, could spread the word, it will help substantially.

Thanks for reading and much appreciated.

iAmMatt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mattgw420
You might want to start here.
I think this is a great thing you're doing. As someone going into the Navy in a couple years, I really respect and appreciate stuff like this :)

Top Bottom