• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need Help Shutting Off Autopilot? or Any advice against the Ice Climbers?

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Play the Ice Climbers?

I am completely serious. You cannot simply glide toss down and back, glide toss forward, bthrow, dash attack to pick up... yadda yadda yadda... Whatever you're version of Autopilot is. With the Iceys landing a banana doesn't always knock them both over. Dash Attack can get you grabbed even if it hits one of them. It's an insane match up the first couple times through.

The better they are at Desynchs the worse it gets. Maybe I'm just being silly and over tired. But I haven't had to think and try to play that fast(it was over WiFi so still... ::shrug:: WiFi) in awhile. It's a fun match up too, in my opinion, because it's complicated.

The only things I've found that are really useful is, instead of having a banana in hand and one at your feet you're better off leaving one behind you for when you can get between them and Dsmash. And banana in front of Nana(heh) is always a good thing. She will consistently trip on it. Other than that all I can think of that works out well in this match up is to think as quickly as possible, and don't forget you can get a free Spike of their "tether recovery" if you run off the edge and fast fall the Dair, just don't dawdle on your recovery.

That's my new plan for turning of Autopilot, trying to master the Ice Climbers match up? Good idea or bad idea? And any advice?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I can see what you're saying. Because of the nature of Ice Climbers, Auto-Diddy won't work no matter how hard you try. It's a good theory, but I think playing Smart Diddy against characters you normally Auto-pilot against is necessary too.

hold on to those IC's tips, we'll probably need em for the matchup thread :)

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I'm too impatient to wait for the match up chart...

Plus I'm really not a great Diddy overall, I just really enjoy him. Anything I know is already known or basic, but any characters I can contribute too I promise I will. Sadly that'll most likely be Sonic. And who considers Sonic a threat again?

Top Bottom