• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

need help shffling

samdaballer

Smash Ace
ok, i've been practicing this for the past day or two and i can get the sh and ff down, i just cant l cancel, i either do it too early and air dodge or i wait and accidentally shield, i was hoping someone could give me some tips, and also how can i tell when i l-cancel with sheik, i seriously have trouble telling the difference

Keku

Smash Apprentice
Well you might want to practice it with your down-air, since it has the most lag of sheik's air attacks. Just make sure you press it quickly right before landing, and let the button go fast enough, otherwise you'll end up shielding. If letting the button go fast enough seems to be the problem, you can always use the Z-button for canceling your airs.

darE::to::Dream

Smash Journeyman
Actually, practice with uair. It'll force you to SHFFL with the C-stick, and it has more landing lag than the dair.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
I have found that since I have started to play Fox I have become better at tech in general just because it is so crucial for Fox. So my recommendation is try shffling with fox and when you land try using the shine to make sure you got it; if you nail the L-cancel you will be able to shine immediately. Even though it is with fox that you are practicing it should make your Sheik better too. I main Sheik and learning Fox has made my Sheik better.

Top Bottom