• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need Help - Playing Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpunkz

Smash Cadet
Hello, i picked up SSBB TODAY! and it wont let me play online...my Wii connection is fine...i got Wii connect24 enabled and it lets be check weather and news etc...

but when i go online to find a quick match (basic brawl) it will just search for opp. for like 5 minutes then i will get this error (error code) and it brings me to the main menu? ANY help would be great, and thank you in advance! :chuckle:

sp00k

Smash Rookie
bump for great justice.
i have the same exact problem. it will let me choose my character and the stage, but then after a few minutes of kicking the crap out of the sand bag, it disconnects me with error code 85010

halp!

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
i have the same exact problem. it will let me choose my character and the stage, but then after a few minutes of kicking the crap out of the sand bag, it disconnects me with error code 85010
I have the same error code.
=(
I really want to play online...

I'm pretty sure it's just the overload of the servers. Hopefully?

Shiv

Smash Cadet
What I have found is that the 'basic brawl' on the 'brawl with anyone' function isnt necessarily broken but it just takes a long time to find a person to play because most are just playing with friends(people they have traded friend codes with and set up organized games with said people). The disconnects and error codes that knock you off after a couple minutes I have also experienced but only when trying to find a random game with 'brawl with anyone' just because the connection times out trying to find someone. This happens extremely less frequently when playing with friends because you can coordinate the game to happen, i.e. talking on AIM and saying you are going to make the room then your friend joins right after you make it. I have found doing friend brawls take less time to set up and doesn't give the connection as much time to time out or give you those error codes that knock you off.

Lots of people have cought on to this and just play the friend battles just by posting here and having people respond to them on AIM with their FC's so that they can communicate before, during, and at a later time for more brawls. I reccomend you just try and do that. Make a thread saying what you want, a screenname to a messenger program like AIM or MSN so you can keep in contact with your buddy and also so you can coordinate games with them, and to exchange FCs.

I hope this helps! Happy smashing!

dpunkz

Smash Cadet
thats a bummer i hope they fix this soon then for quick match random games...well does anybody want to brawl?????? hit me up on AIM to play! i am on right now so lets run one!! message me!!

AIM: PLAYBBQY

Gabbo

Smash Rookie
Same Thing!

The same thing happens to me, i can connect to WFC just fine, but when i try and connect to a friends game it gives me error code 86420. I sometimes get a different error code for "with Anyone" matches like 85010. One time i got a "with anyone" match to work after waiting about 5 minutes, but since then ive got nothing. Ive looked up the code and did almost everything related to the error code's solution and have gotten nowhere.

If anyone has got an idear let us know! AIYEEEEEEE!

Raea

Smash Rookie
Looks like nintendo royally botched this one. I thought they pushed it back to fix the online portion of the game.

VacantShadow

Smash Cadet
i have the same problem but with error code 86420
I got that exact error code. I looked into it and Nintendo says that it's either because they are having high traffic issues their trying to resolve, or you need to set up a port for your Wii, which I don't get at all, considering the Wii doesn't even show up in connections.

Friend Matches work great for me though, no lag really. So, I just assume it's on there end, also considering everyone seems to have the same problem.

xelasfx

Smash Rookie
ok i was finally able to fix my Wii! at first i was getting error code 86420 on everything, including friends. So i went to the nintendo website and put in the error code # on the support page and basically it says you have to open all ports for your wii. Basically i went into my router settings and made a setting for my wii and opened all the ports. Also make sure you assign your Wii it's own IP address so it can recognize the open ports you set! if you need help send me an IM and after we can play! (west cost pls ^_^)

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
that's so gay. I'm getting that problem, but since I'm on a college campus I can't open the ports.
...****

AllanT

Smash Apprentice
What I have found is that the 'basic brawl' on the 'brawl with anyone' function isnt necessarily broken but it just takes a long time to find a person to play because most are just playing with friends(people they have traded friend codes with and set up organized games with said people). The disconnects and error codes that knock you off after a couple minutes I have also experienced but only when trying to find a random game with 'brawl with anyone' just because the connection times out trying to find someone. This happens extremely less frequently when playing with friends because you can coordinate the game to happen, i.e. talking on AIM and saying you are going to make the room then your friend joins right after you make it. I have found doing friend brawls take less time to set up and doesn't give the connection as much time to time out or give you those error codes that knock you off.

Lots of people have cought on to this and just play the friend battles just by posting here and having people respond to them on AIM with their FC's so that they can communicate before, during, and at a later time for more brawls. I reccomend you just try and do that. Make a thread saying what you want, a screenname to a messenger program like AIM or MSN so you can keep in contact with your buddy and also so you can coordinate games with them, and to exchange FCs.

I hope this helps! Happy smashing!
Sorry to say, but this is not true.

What you first said was right- an overload on the server. there are WAAY more people trying to play "with anyone" rather than with just friends (it's more of a hassle, you know).

And this would not take up most of the server, because the friends and "with anybody" matches are on different servers. If they were not, then both with friends and with anybody would not work.

I'm sure they'll fix it soon. if anything they'll make a crapload of more servers for each area of the U.S.

FoolyCoolyGamer

Smash Cadet
huh, that's strange. it's been messing up for me on "with friends"but i've managed to connect lots of times "with anyone".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom