• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

need help learning foxshine chaining

Matt2

Smash Cadet
I try to chain my foxshines but i seem to mess up horribly every time. I use the method where you just slide your finger across b-a-x for the shine to cancel then jump. I was just wondering a few things that i'm noticing or just failing at...

Do you still have to be holding "directional" down when your finger hits jump?

If you hit certain characters - is there a "stun" (or more frames) in fox's shine?

*georgeH

Smash Rookie
You generally want to hold down the whole time if multishining is what you're trying. For your second question, I'm pretty sure the frame difference in hitting characters is the same for all of them, but you may want to check the fox boards for that. Also, you may have been told this before, but using Y jump really is quite a bit better, especally for fox in doing technical things with the shine since it's easier to slide your thumb from Y to B without hitting A by accident

Matt2

Smash Cadet
i geuss i just dont have the technical skill atm... I tried following that one video about shining our f shield and thats just messed up... i normally end up shining then jumping after

PK Webb

Smash Champion
maybe i can help.....the name is called multishining and yes its easier with y then x. but in general i use x and im very technical. even if u press a after a shine it cant do anything because u cant cancel ur shine with a. back to multishining, yes u must continue to hold down and just slide ur thumb from y to b fast as hell. now multishining isnt very practical just due to the fact its extremely difficult to follow up after the shine but it would make for a interesting shield pressure option. a good way to practice is to go to onett get on the tree branch on the left and practice. it makes it really easier and u get use to the motion.

Top Bottom