• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help evading Pit's >B/<B

Regality

Smash Rookie
I'm basically a noob. But I also have 2 other noob friends that have Pit as their main and they spam his >B wand twirl type move like crazy. I know that when they do this, they can't stop right away after pressing B. I typically try to roll past them and grab. Is there anything better I can do? What is the best thing to do during mid attack? Right now I just hold shield and tap A and back up. If you ask me, I think Pit is way over powered with that massive recovery and his ^air is really good. Anyway give me some tips!

Thanks for the advice.

Leahdybug

Smash Journeyman
I have the same problem and it pisses me off I notice alot of online players(not all mind you, espically pit mainers that know what their doing.) I get spammed with arrows as well and the moment I get close boom the b over move and when i recover the roll spam until they get to the other side of the map.(or ledge which ever.I of course refering to flat stages.) I cant sit and wait for them to just stop doing it cause they sit back and do the arrow thing. I can m ake them work harder as ivysuar with more range to back me up but i still cant get through, so yeah any help in approaching would be aweseome.I understand its a technique and sure use it and arrows but ****, its driving me insane though I want to punish them XD.

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman
Quick question, are you supposed to DI towards pit or away from him when you're caught in his fB? Going away from him seems logical but going towards him has the advantage of ending up behind him. Or does it all depend on your position inside the spinning ring?

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
It's really stupid for a Pit to spam side-b. If you DI out or simply space yourself well initially you can smash attack into his side b and send him flying. Unless you're some super light character that hates being damaged even more than Pit (that'd be what, Diddy Kong and no one else?) you can usually just eat the side b and go toe to toe for damage.

It's possible to counter with aerials if you see it coming, but since Pit's aerial game is quite strong it might not be a good idea to take that approach unless you're positive a side-b is coming.

D.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5257-9865-7609
I don't think you can DI through Pit's >B, but I don't know because he's played so little on my console.

I just DI away from it and usually the person will stop (if they're smart) because it leaves them open for you to jump behind and attack. Keep in mind that the move really doesn't do that much damage. It's very annoying but it shouldn't be used as a heavy offensive move.

MrLegend

Smash Apprentice
if you di into it then you will just get even more damaged before you end up on the other side. did you even try moving away or are you that bad?

Metal_Doc

Smash Journeyman
Yea, definitely DI AWAY from it. Going through is just gonna rack up damage.

When you're DIng, make sure you're constantly tapping away from it, it's easier to get out of it that way.

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
A lot of Smashes and things seem to clink with it, actually. It can be really annoying, even when I'm not hit by it.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i main pit. or used to lol i stopped yesturday. you DI backwards which means just whatever direction hes hitting u in as soon as the attacks hits go the otherway. hell stay there spining like a fool while u roll behind him and fsmash lolol

hellbourne

Smash Cadet
What about his shield (down b). Does anything go through that? My friend plays pit a lot and he does all those B moves a lot and I haven't figured out how to deal with the shield yet.

Epok

Smash Ace
DI away, I also played around with this if you perfect shield, you can roll around him and that makes him wide open. but it takes practice to get it right. I f****** hate that move too.

Mercury

Smash Apprentice
What about his shield (down b). Does anything go through that? My friend plays pit a lot and he does all those B moves a lot and I haven't figured out how to deal with the shield yet.
grab. it's anti-everything-but grab.

Namiel

Smash Cadet
If you have range, you should be able to stand on the edge of it's range and f-smash (notably other sword users). Jumping over it and using and aerial could be great depending on the character. And yeah, DI away from it.

I'm surprised at all the people complaining about this being spammed. I'm maining Pit now and I just never saw it being that ****... o.o

Chrono Centaur

Smash Apprentice
lol, the move lags horribly and can be easily punished

I'd just jump over/drop C4 with Snake, gets him to the other side and provides a way to keep your distance. Any character with a projectile, drop over and turn around/projectile to keep him moving

with Lucario you can shorthop/dair for massive punishment

Eneru

Smash Rookie
Ya when pit does this, you do not want to try to go in, or dodge inwards to go behind him. Just move ur analog stick out of it. I play with wolf, so wat i do is use the c-stick to smash him, and when i do it, it stops his >B and theres a small lag time for me to do that same attack. It always gets him.

Azzizaz

Smash Apprentice
If they do it and miss, just punish them. If you're caught in it, DI towards them to get behind them and then punish them.

Top Bottom