• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need Help Combo-Ing into Rests :/

PuffinToast34

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
I just cant find a fast, reliable combo, that can almost confirm a rest. Are there any at all?

Torstone1225

Smash Rookie
well, you can do an easy down air into rest as long as they are on the ground, works at most percentages. you can also do a kind of gimmicky combo that takes some practice. It is highly percentage dependant, but on someone like Ryu, get them to 35 then short hop pound, jump, down air, jump, rest.
Also, sing is not actually completely useless in ultimate soooo...

PuffinToast34

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
well, you can do an easy down air into rest as long as they are on the ground, works at most percentages. you can also do a kind of gimmicky combo that takes some practice. It is highly percentage dependant, but on someone like Ryu, get them to 35 then short hop pound, jump, down air, jump, rest.
Also, sing is not actually completely useless in ultimate soooo...
Sing DOES stuff? Who would've known. I dont use it as much as I should.

Snipnigth

Smash Journeyman
Sing DOES stuff? Who would've known. I dont use it as much as I should.
Yeah sing is amazing for catching landing lags and rolls and spotdodges and it gives u enough time to rest or charge a smash, in some % landing uair to rest is true as well, on Ike for example you can combo uair to rest at around 40%-45% i think and it will kill.

King Ching

Smash Cadet
Uair to rest is Jigglypuff's most consistent rest combo that will kill every opponent. To pull this off:

1. Do a falling upair while landing
2. Jump into the opponent
3. Rest

This combo is true on 100% of the cast. The timing of the upair needs to be hit right before Puff hits the ground, that way it gives enough time for Puff to jump into the opponent and rest them. Also opponents can di the uair, so Jigglypuff needs to read the DI and see which way the opponent is going when jumping into them. Jigglypuff can also buffer an instant double jump after uair and landing to reach opponents that are floaty or get knocked up a little higher. To do this, simply press the jump button twice very fast after landing.

The percentage window on when this kills is mid percent, but varies on each character depending on weight, fall speed, rage, stage, and if the oppoonent is on a platform. Generally its 30-50% on light weights, 40-60% on middle weights, and 50-70% on heavy weights. Remember that Battlefield and T&C stages have higher ceilings, and that the rest combo will kill even earlier if the opponent is on a platform. If you need more info on this, we have a percentage chart in the Puffcord.

Torstone1225

Smash Rookie
I get most of my rests off now from using sing. I suck and miss a still target a lot though. No idea how.
Well, it is a lot harder to land rests out of shield, because in ultimate, it doesn't let you stand on top of players, so you have to jump first. I would still practice ariel comboes into rest and also just rest on its own in mid jump

PuffinToast34

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
Uair to rest is Jigglypuff's most consistent rest combo that will kill every opponent. To pull this off:

1. Do a falling upair while landing
2. Jump into the opponent
3. Rest

This combo is true on 100% of the cast. The timing of the upair needs to be hit right before Puff hits the ground, that way it gives enough time for Puff to jump into the opponent and rest them. Also opponents can di the uair, so Jigglypuff needs to read the DI and see which way the opponent is going when jumping into them. Jigglypuff can also buffer an instant double jump after uair and landing to reach opponents that are floaty or get knocked up a little higher. To do this, simply press the jump button twice very fast after landing.

The percentage window on when this kills is mid percent, but varies on each character depending on weight, fall speed, rage, stage, and if the oppoonent is on a platform. Generally its 30-50% on light weights, 40-60% on middle weights, and 50-70% on heavy weights. Remember that Battlefield and T&C stages have higher ceilings, and that the rest combo will kill even earlier if the opponent is on a platform. If you need more info on this, we have a percentage chart in the Puffcord.
Thanks a whole ton! I'll DEFINITELY put this to use ;)

Top Bottom