• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help choosing a main

SWTOROF2099

Smash Rookie
Im new to the scene and was just wondering on who to main I have a few options.
Shiek
Marth
Samus
Pikachu
C.Falcon

Thank you for your time

JasonKaroshi

Smash Apprentice
For a player new to the scene I'd recommend either Marth or Falcon. Both are fundamental based and teach you about spacing and safe approaches if you invest your time into learning them.

EmpireCrusher203

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3926-7161-9170
Honestly as a newcomer experiment with all characters and see which ones feel more natural. For example, I opted to go sheik because of her easy combos and overall mobility, which was much closer to what I experienced in other smash titles, sorta :p. But yeah, Captain Falcon and Marth are superb choices, as well as Falco, because as you learn how to play the three, you easily learn fundamentals such as spacing, L canceling, etc., which you can then transfer to virtually every other character. However, do not let this deter you from changing your mind, feel free to change your mind. If you don't like the characters and you feel the need to find a new main, by all means do it. Experiment with all the high tiers (Fox, Falco, Puff, Sheik, ...) until you find one that suits your playstyle. We can't force you to play Fox, and neither can yourself. You have a large, unique roster to choose from.

Raycu

Smash Apprentice
What sort of play style do you want? You can't just ask for a main without us knowing how you want to play.

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
I prefer a character who can get back to the stage if I get knocked off so Peach or Jigglypuff are good choices if you're into that.

Top Bottom