• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need Help Catching Azleaf

Ello Govnr

Smash Rookie
I've already caught Uxie and Mesprit, but when I paralyze Azleaf and bring it down to 1 HP, I've at least thrown 45 dusk balls at it and had no luck whatsoever. I've also used a total of 30 Ultra Balls, and still had no luck. I've also tried sleeping it and had no luck...what's the way that you've guys caught it, if you had?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I brought it down to the red zone, and threw about 15 Ultra Balls (which give x2 chance) before I caught it with no status condition on it. Dusk Ball give a x4 chance of catching, but Azleaf's catch rate is 3%. You just have to be patient and lucky.

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman
I caught my Azelf after about 5 dusk balls. I caught it when it was nightime and it was inside a cave, though. =P I had it down to barely ANY health left, and it was paralyzed, so that may have helped it a bit. Like Rockettrainer said, you just have to be patient and lucky. Azelf, in my opinion is the best of the legendary trio, just for it's attack power, so it's all worth it.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
I caught my Azelf after about 5 dusk balls. I caught it when it was nightime and it was inside a cave, though. =P I had it down to barely ANY health left, and it was paralyzed, so that may have helped it a bit. Like Rockettrainer said, you just have to be patient and lucky. Azelf, in my opinion is the best of the legendary trio, just for it's attack power, so it's all worth it.
Yo, that's the same thing I did and yes, it's powerful, because of its attack, Nasty Plot.
It was able to faint Dialga @ Lv 52 with 7 pumped up Confusions.

foxandyounglink

Smash Journeyman
Ah, i prefer time balls and quick balls. Pokeballs ALWAYS seem to work much better also. I caught Mesprit with a quick ball at full health...So i say go with one of those.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Timer balls have a x4 multiplier after 40 turns. Dusk balls have a x4 multiplier throughout THE ENTIRE BATTLE. Dusk balls>timer balls.

I don't know the catch rate on quick balls, but they're probably pretty high if they can catch a full health legend. IIrc they drop in effectiveness after 5 turns (or it might be a little bit every turn, dunno).

It was able to faint Dialga @ Lv 52 with 7 pumped up Confusions.
And in these 7 turns you never healed it? A 7HKO, especially with boosts, takes a while. You should've just healed it when it was near fainting lol

Top Bottom