• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help against playstyle

snoozefx

Smash Rookie
I've been on the Peach grind as of recently and have trouble dealing with people on characters like Marth who aren't necessarily knowledgeable in all the movement, but have enough game sense to just kind of camp me out. How do I approach these kinds of players who just wait until I get close enough to throw a smash attack out?

I know Marth is a bad matchup in general for Peach, but if I've played for a bit longer and know the movement okay, so I figured it'd only make sense that there's a way to outplay this type of game without being just as campy

Aidn

Smash Rookie
NNID
Trotskyist
3DS FC
3754-6472-1500
Check out Armada's matchup guide to Marth vs. Peach (I can't link it but it's on MIOM)

The gist of it is: Don't go above Marth too often, have a turnip. Marth likes to be below his opponent due to the options he has (uair, utilt, nair) and generally outranges most characters (hence the turnip). However, I highly recommend reading the whole thing because it really outlines the neutral game very well.

Also, you don't want to "just get close enough to throw out a smash attack." Sure, her dsmash is brutal, but you should be using FCed aerials, dash attack, and dtilt to mix it up as well.

snoozefx

Smash Rookie
Check out Armada's matchup guide to Marth vs. Peach (I can't link it but it's on MIOM)

The gist of it is: Don't go above Marth too often, have a turnip. Marth likes to be below his opponent due to the options he has (uair, utilt, nair) and generally outranges most characters (hence the turnip). However, I highly recommend reading the whole thing because it really outlines the neutral game very well.

Also, you don't want to "just get close enough to throw out a smash attack." Sure, her dsmash is brutal, but you should be using FCed aerials, dash attack, and dtilt to mix it up as well.
Thanks for the tips!
As for FC'd aerials, would you dash to Marth before you use the aerials? Or float first?

Aidn

Smash Rookie
NNID
Trotskyist
3DS FC
3754-6472-1500
Thanks for the tips!
As for FC'd aerials, would you dash to Marth before you use the aerials? Or float first?
I usually autofloat or shorthop. DO NOT float at fulljump height. Dashing at Marth is usually a bad idea, but if you do, you might want to help your approach with a turnip.

Last edited:

snoozefx

Smash Rookie
Thank you! Reading the Marth Peach matchup by Armada but this definitely helped me out some

Last edited:

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
Use dash attack as an anti-air only in this matchup. if the marth approaches with nairs just dash attack right under them. you'll duck the hitbox and he'll get caught on yours. as a bonus the dash attack will either pop him up for a quick sh uair or knock him out of range / off stage (and as soon as you have space against marth, pull turnip).

dash attack is used more to extend combos in this mu and for punishing misspaced aerials. don't depend on it for spacing/approaching

Last edited:
Top Bottom