• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help against playing against good Peaches

Silverfox117

Smash Apprentice
So, I learned that my most difficult match up is Peach. I feel like she completely wrecks my main Robin, as Robin is a spacey character who relys on punishing people on the ground with Arcfire. The problem is that Peach can literally float over Arcfire and punish me with a fair every time. So I think Robin vs Peach is a lost cause, so I switch to my secondary Greninja.

This is where I need help with. I need some kind of way to be able to reliable stop Peach from doing her tricks. When I played the Peach player I tried to space her with my shurikens and tried to get a grab or dash attack when she would let me. The Peach player however had amazing DI so I had trouble with a lot of my follow ups. The question is how do I stop her from floating in mid air. The Peach player would float barely out of range of all my ground attacks, and would approach me with dair and would stay in mid air and dair me till
A. my shield broke from angling it up
B.or I get hit with a fair or nair, because my shield was so small from all this pressure.
I don't know how to punish that approach or can I. Also if the answer is rolling to get out of it. That isn't an answer to me, I train by never rolling once in my practice matches. So can I stop that or no. It just seems like the dairs never stop comming and she is slightly above me, and I don't know how to stop it at all. Besides that is there any tactics to help fight against Peach. She is really my weakest match up. I just can't find a way to beat her.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
You can beat Robin with Peach. You just have to mix up your defense maneuvers. Don't just rely on arc fire. Robin's fair and upair get her out the air and even your neutral B is good vs her.

Peach is slow, you just gotta keep an eye on her. When she jumps, she kind of has a blind spot in front of her because her fair is slow.

Silverfox117

Smash Apprentice
You can beat Robin with Peach. You just have to mix up your defense maneuvers. Don't just rely on arc fire. Robin's fair and upair get her out the air and even your neutral B is good vs her.

Peach is slow, you just gotta keep an eye on her. When she jumps, she kind of has a blind spot in front of her because her fair is slow.
but when I tried this she would fast fall and punish me with a dair and fair combo every time

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
I think you're letting peach getting too close to you? Peach's dair seems to have lost priority in this game, but I could be wrong. Whenever I use her, almost every uair beats it.

If she's above you, I still think Uair beats her approaches from above. Or you can just roll away when she gets that close, depending on your mix ups.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
How high is peach for robin to up air? If she is high enough for you you up air then you can anti air with up smash if she isn't just above your head. You can also use nair to knock her out of float. I think the front of it sends your opponent at a downward angle. Instead of just arc fire you can use thunder since it has a lot of uses.

Silverfox117

Smash Apprentice
How high is peach for robin to up air? If she is high enough for you you up air then you can anti air with up smash if she isn't just above your head. You can also use nair to knock her out of float. I think the front of it sends your opponent at a downward angle. Instead of just arc fire you can use thunder since it has a lot of uses.
A lot of the time she is too close to the ground to up air(head level), but she would punish me if I tried to approach her from the ground. I felt like me controling space with my nair was the best thing I can do, but she would perfect pivot up smash me using her reduced hitbox at the start of up smash. Honestly Robin is kind of crap without Arcfire, and this is what this match up needs.

Honestly I'm surprised I was able to beat her with Greninja.

This Peach was really good.

Last edited:
Top Bottom