• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help against Ice Climbers

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
There seems to be a severe lack of ICies vs Dedede videos on youtube, so I have to turn to the community for advice.

I've only play one ICies in tournament and I basically got chain grabbed -> death on all of my stocks. Since there are no people around my area that play ICies (to my knowledge), I can't really practice matchup at all.

Does anyone have any knowledge on the matchup? The only thing I can think of is lots of ftilts to keep them away, but I can't really practice with it.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
ICs are super gay with their 0-death chaingrabs =/, if you get grabbed its a stock to a good ICS..

My freind mains them now, and Ive played this match up a bit. The only reason I win is because he dosent have the perfect timing for the alternating grabs yet.

the only thing you can do really is try to space like a mother****er with dtilts and ftilts and sh bairs and downsmash etc.. I dont know even then they have stupid stuff like desync blizzard and squall hammer.

Also at times nana is ******** like when getting up from the ledge and I fsmash her. If you can get them seperated attack nana relentsly. Alot of times I can seperate them then wall of pain edgeguard nana.

really_calm

Smash Journeyman
ICs are super gay with their 0-death chaingrabs =/, if you get grabbed its a stock to a good ICS..

My freind mains them now, and Ive played this match up a bit. The only reason I win is because he dosent have the perfect timing for the alternating grabs yet.

the only thing you can do really is try to space like a mother****er with dtilts and ftilts and sh bairs and downsmash etc.. I dont know even then they have stupid stuff like desync blizzard and squall hammer.

Also at times nana is ******** like when getting up from the ledge and I fsmash her. If you can get them seperated attack nana relentsly. Alot of times I can seperate them then wall of pain edgeguard nana.
It's a good point that no matter what Nana is AI. Maybe you can practice separating them and just edgeguard Nana to death with Bair/Fair combos.

Nexgenlink

Smash Cadet
Some where between The Lost Woods of Hyrule and Wa
Aerials! Lots and lots of aerials! My friend mains IC and I play, along with Link and Ike, King 3D! Chain grabbing is useless with both of them. Especially when their desynched! If you can nail Nana off the stage using aerials and Waddle spam, you can chain grab Popo with complete ease! But bewarned, Popo can Chain Grab by himself, but only high level IC players normaly do this! If you get both of them over the edge use your Fsmash and waddles to keep them AWAY from the edge! Their Tether line can be troublesom! AND DO NOT USE YOUR UP-B TO MUCH!! The odds of you hitting both of them coming down is slim. And they only need one to grab you! That's all the advice I can give! King 3D and IC match ups are rare, and difficult. Ironicly me and my friend have found they work together on teams awesomely!!

Top Bottom