• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need Help against Fox and Wolf

rumcoke

Smash Rookie
Hey Smash boards, I'm a Pit player having trouble fighting against Fox and Wolf, hopefully you can help me.

Against Fox at the beginning of every stock he always uses the u-tilt combo to get me to close to 50% damage right off the bat. Is there anything I can use to avoid this? Also, I usually try to approach using short-hopped N-airs, but his air attacks seem to out-priority me and I just get smacked away.

For Wolf he mostly spams F-smashes and then wolf-walls me when I get off the stage. I try to approach with the aerials but his attacks seem to out-prioritize me. I also tried approaching with side-B but the F-smash seems to go right through it, or at least cancel it out. What's the best way to punish wolf's F-smash? I usually try to block it, but often I'm pushed so far back by it that I can't get an attack off that will be in range and hit before he uses it again. Am I using the wrong attacks? Should I try another one?

Thoughts appreciated.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
With fox start off away from him by Short hop and down arrow tilt. his u tilt has some reach but your F-tilt is farther if hes at a stand still do that. or if you can predict his moves spot dodge and C stick. also you have 2 reflectors over fox . But most important gliding really messes up fox's game if u attack at the right time. come in at a 225degree angle from the left and 45 from the right. With wolf i also sometimes have problems but if you powershield and attack most like the opposite way hes coming you should have him. also predict his shots and down b them. also wolf is faster in the air dont go into him baiting you. f tilt helps but mainly speed determines the match.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Against Fox's up-tilt, you should be able to DI away from it. Try tapping the control stick rapidly up while pushing air dodge.

If wolf's F-smash pushes you too far away, you can do an instant dash attack to still get him. It's done by tapping the control stick forward, and pushing the c-stick down.

kown

Smash Lord
Falco has a two step combo that every good player will use. To start off he SHdair > dsmash. I know that players tend to use this combo so punish them. i kno falco can do this im assuming fox and wolf can. Also against up tilt it shouldnt be hard to DI once u get use to it. I think falco is a bit harder than fox because of his grab combo. Heres a tip against all three space animals. When they do their recovery as side b ( i believe) you can stop them in thier tracks by using angel ring. After they stop its up to you to time the edgegaurd against the up b.

WhatIsPie?

Smash Apprentice
What is this up tilt combo? I don't get how you can't spam jump and airdodge at the same time. And if he keeps approaching with utilt combo, can't you just shield grab him?

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Most likely yes but you have to be set up and ready to do that. I think Rhy is talking about approaching from the air. By Air dodging and tap up you Di away from it and continue jumping. And with Kown i dont think Wolf uses Sh D-air Dsmash he Dair has too much lag. Wolf uses a series of hops wait and Bairs and Fsmash. Sadly its more deadly. I recommend power shielding and grab as soon as the Bair hits.

But to answer your question you have to take the agressive offence first. IF you see that attack coming the down Shield works. Just try to anticipate moves shield grab and make some combos.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
For get what i said Here are quotes from Rhyfelwyr's Pit strategy & application guide V2.65

Because of Fox's speed, you'll want to increase your minimum range for shooting arrows. He can close the distance fast. Don't be afraid of Fox's reflector. Spam the bow just as you always have, only do so by short hopping and bending your arrows so they can't come back to you. Approaching in this fashion can cause the Fox to be open while he's busy reflecting.

AAA, short hop N-air, F-smash, and D-tilt are the moves you'll use often. Their multi-hits and quick start-up make these excellent for getting off a pressuring Fox.

Don't use the Mirror shield to reflect his blaster. It only serves Fox by giving him the opportunity for a safe approach.

Fox's up-B is one of the easiest to reflect with the mirror shield. Memorize the timing of the Fire Fox from start-up to launch.

Wolf won't spam as much as the other animals but be careful of his periodic blasts from his gun. A decent Wolf will use the laser to prolong combos on characters like Pit. Likewise be sure to use your Arrows in a similar fashion.
Rhyfelwyr: Pit's side-B is excellent for simultaneously reflecting the shots and attacking him, especially if Wolf is short hop blasting.

Wolf has some decievingly long ranged attacks. His F-Tilt is one of these AND is a multi-hit attack. Powershielding this attack can be tricky but either waiting it out or reacting quickly with a quick move can overcome this. He F-Smash is a beast of an attack. He'll lunge at you and even if blocked he may end up behind you. Pivot Grabbing is probably the fastest way to punish this attack.

Wolf's Bair is his best move. It has very little landing lag; comes out fast; has great knock-back; and doesn't outlast it's welcome. Just because you Air Dodge it doesn't mean you're safe. The Wolf Wall is a pseudo Wall of Pain WoP and can be very annoying.

Wolf has a few unique abilities on the edge. Most notably Scarring. Scarring is where Wolf is able to use his Over-B to actually go through the edge of the stage and appear well onto the stage. Getting hit by this guarantees a sweet-spot and will send you flying to some extent. Also if done while touching the edge it Wolf will teleport to the edge of the stage resulting in zero lag. If you can predict this it's easily punish. If not it can come back to bite you.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Wolf won't spam as much as the other animals but be careful of his periodic blasts from his gun. A decent Wolf will use the laser to prolong combos on characters like Pit. Likewise be sure to use your Arrows in a similar fashion.
Rhyfelwyr: Pit's side-B is excellent for simultaneously reflecting the shots and attacking him, especially if Wolf is short hop blasting.

Wolf has some decievingly long ranged attacks. His F-Tilt is one of these AND is a multi-hit attack. Powershielding this attack can be tricky but either waiting it out or reacting quickly with a quick move can overcome this. He F-Smash is a beast of an attack. He'll lunge at you and even if blocked he may end up behind you. Pivot Grabbing is probably the fastest way to punish this attack.

Wolf's Bair is his best move. It has very little landing lag; comes out fast; has great knock-back; and doesn't outlast it's welcome. Just because you Air Dodge it doesn't mean you're safe. The Wolf Wall is a pseudo Wall of Pain WoP and can be very annoying.

Wolf has a few unique abilities on the edge. Most notably Scarring. Scarring is where Wolf is able to use his Over-B to actually go through the edge of the stage and appear well onto the stage. Getting hit by this guarantees a sweet-spot and will send you flying to some extent. Also if done while touching the edge it Wolf will teleport to the edge of the stage resulting in zero lag. If you can predict this it's easily punish. If not it can come back to bite you.
The sections about Wolf were actually pinned by Undrdog.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
oh and in case you dont and i dont think this has been mentioned, both of there upb's are easy to gimp if you are too far away when they start it hit them with a few arrows till you can get close and then let them do it but before they shoot off, fall off the ledge and mirror shield them so they get reflected the wrong way and miss the ledge and die muahaha, so satisfying

Top Bottom