• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need Constructive Criticism On Gameplay & Capture Card Advice :)

RedCoatGamer

Smash Rookie
NNID
GameAddict64
3DS FC
5155-3409-7413
Whats up guys!

So me and my friend have been wanting to get better at Melee as we've been wanting to go to some tournaments in our area for awhile now but we feel we have alot more room for improvement and need to be told what we need to improve as well as general comments on our gameplay (and maybe some friendly roast for some humor)

Here Is a youtube clip of a single match we played

To address the obvious yes this is at our local McDonalds as the manager there is super chill and let us bring our setup since we often eat there (we've dubbed our meetups there as SmashNTrash)

Also sorry for the potato quality this was recorded on our friends phone (shoutouts to our homie Michael)
We've been wanting to get a capture card to get better footage but Since we are soon to be College students it will take us a bit to get the money together which brings me to my second Question

Can anyone suggest a good (somewhat cheap) capture card that can record at least 720p 60fps? Please note that we do use a Wii for our setup and need a card that will be able to record it

So guys thanks for taking a look please send us your feed back!

also check out TAC's profile here
http://smashboards.com/members/tac12pyro.296269/

Thanks Again
-RCG

MKarma

Smash Cadet
You approach exclusively with fullhop aerials, which should be easy to counter. Mixing up your approach is super important and don't forget that Falco's lasers are an amazing tool for approaching and forcing approaches. Also once your opponents reached high % you start fishing for a few too many smash attacks, sending your opponent offstage with the strong hit of a nair or a backair can be enough to seal out those stocks without leaving yourself wide open for counter attacks. You're also giving your opponent way too much room to get back on stage. One of sheiks big weaknesses is the huge landing lag on her up b if she lands on the ground, you're better off trying to force an on stage recovery and punishing that rather than trying to challenge the beginning of her upb.

That's all I got for falco's POV, I can't say much for sheik because I have almost no experience with her.

RedCoatGamer

Smash Rookie
NNID
GameAddict64
3DS FC
5155-3409-7413
Thanks for the help guys

been trying to find a good crt for awhile now that doesn't way 200+lbs hopefully ill get one soon

Top Bottom