• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need computer help. Is it working TOO hard?

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Ok, everyone. My name is CA$H, and I recently downloaded an old PC game called ABUSE.

Now, every time I try to play this game on my computer, after about 10 minutes, the computer starts making this odd sound like it's working very hard to process something or overheating, and the game lags. Mind you that my monitor is somewhat old, but I recently got high-speed internet.

I know I don't have a virus, because I ran a scan, but I don't know what else would be causing the computer to have this problem.

Please, if you can, try to help me! It has just been dong this recently since I downloaded the game, but my friend downloaded the game and isn't having the same problem...

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
is it only when you play this game?

although its an old game, does your computer have the specs to run it?

Anthony523

Smash Apprentice
I need some more info, is it an online game like world of warcraft? or just a plain old single player PC game?

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
This problem has just been happening after I downloaded the game. It is just a regular PC game, it isn't an online game. I thought I had the specs to run it... Why else would it work for 10 minutes fine and badly after?

Skrlx

Smash Champion
components in your mobo are working its *** off

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
cash is dumb as ****
Why, thank you. I appreciate people putting down someone who is just asking for help about something that they are not as familiar with as others.

Please, do not post here again, you ignorant fool. I will not stoop to your level of stupidity, for I am sure you are not nearly as intelligent as myself.

Now, could anyone please help me with this problem?

Super_ness

Smash Journeyman
I reported DaisyBoo for you. I hate immature little toddlers like that. Anyway, what are the specs of your PC and the minimum requirements of the game. And are you going overclock crazy? Overclocking to far is not a good idea. Also, can you identify what in the computer is making all the noise? There's a chance the noise may be the fans kicking in really hard.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
I reported DaisyBoo for you. I hate immature little toddlers like that. Anyway, what are the specs of your PC and the minimum requirements of the game. And are you going overclock crazy? Overclocking to far is not a good idea. Also, can you identify what in the computer is making all the noise? There's a chance the noise may be the fans kicking in really hard.
It definitely is the fans, but for why they would I turn on like that, I don't know. Like I said before, the game lags once the fans turn on. As for the specs, well the site I downloaded from didn't say what the game required to run properly. I've tried researching, but so far, I've found nothing about the requirements for the game.

Super_ness

Smash Journeyman
OK, so something's causing the CPU so kick in really hard, get hot, and cause the fans to kick in. Do the fans kick in always at the 10 minute mark. Or is it at the same place in the game?

P.S. Just attempt to ignore DaisyBoo. It'd help if you report him too.

DaisyBoo92

Smash Apprentice
OK, so something's causing the CPU so kick in really hard, get hot, and cause the fans to kick in. Do the fans kick in always at the 10 minute mark. Or is it at the same place in the game?

P.S. Just attempt to ignore DaisyBoo. It'd help if you report him too.
what makes you think I'm a guy?

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Also: You don't happen to have anything running in the background as you play, do you?
Sometimes apps don't get along with one another and can cause a comp to act strangely.

Super_ness

Smash Journeyman
Rhan: I'll report you again if you do something against the rules. The above post probably is reportable, but it's not horrible so I'll let it go for now.

rhan

Smash Hero
Go ahead and report me again. It doesn't really matter to me.

I was just saying you're childish ways are cute. That's a positive post.

Just not ment in a good way you PMSing little snitch.

Super_ness

Smash Journeyman
Thank you Kirby King! It drives me insane when people do these pointless things. If someone isn't going to help CA5H, don't post.

Also CA5H, whenever the game slows down, press Ctr,Alt, Del to get to the task manager. Then go under the processes tab, and see if anything's taking up the CPU.

Rhan: I'm ignoring you from now on.

rhan

Smash Hero
i'll report you for being such a douche
Don't troll! You'll get 2 points for it!

LOL 3 infraction points added to my other 5.

Thank you Kirby King! It drives me insane when people do these pointless things. If someone isn't going to help CA5H, don't post.

Also CA5H, whenever the game slows down, press Ctr,Alt, Del to get to the task manager. Then go under the processes tab, and see if anything's taking up the CPU.

Rhan: I'm ignoring you from now on.
Ditto.

Super_ness

Smash Journeyman
Even if they don't run in their own windows, programs could still be running. Like I said, do control alt delete when it starts slowing down, and under the processes tab, see if anything has a really high CPU usage.

You are on Windows, right?

Diddyknight

Smash Lord
wow this thread got trolled hard. Might as well ask you this: How much ram do you have? If less than 1 gig plz upgrade.

@trolls: You guys cant troll for ****. learn to troll better

Top Bottom