• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need Cheap Tactics

trogita

Smash Apprentice
I am at a SSB tournament right now, I play SSBM well , and am playing TOTAL noobs, they have no knowledge of advanced tactics, but I still get *****.

Any cheap tactics I can use to win, teams is coming up? What should I do, suggestions at least?

(I don't care how dishonorable this sounds, I actually need the $ :\ )

trogita

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, Oh, and another thing, any advice for teams, they INSIST that team damage is off, so it's really stupid. Are there any really cheap tactics me and my team mate can do and exploit no team damage?(like peaches just down-smashing in melee with no team damage ect.)

JBSC

Smash Journeyman
PICK TWO KIRBYS and dair one guy at the same time whenever you can and also forward smash them out of the platform to dair them later xD

Nephiros

Smash Ace
Or you could spam projectiles like mario's fireballs or fox's lasers like there's no tomorrow

greenblob

Smash Lord
Jiggles--dair>utilt>rest or uthrow>aerial chain. Then edgeguard with dsmash, fsmash, or nair. Hooray for noobs who can't DI!

And for teams, since team attack is off, have one person be Samus and the other be Falcon/Jigglypuff/Luigi. While the opponent is stuck in screw attack, use falcon punch/rest/flaming uppercut. Or you could have a team of projectile spammers (Fox, Mario, Link). Oh, and if you're going to play Link, spam z-canceled dair and up B.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
if you want easy win go kirby, dair --> uptilt --> uptilt* --> fair --> forward smash --> edge guard with dair

* = if they are heavy character like falcon, link, or fox, and possibly DK and Yoshi

Or you can go jiggs, dair --> uptilt until you can't combo with another one --> rest. if you said they're total noobs and don't know any advanced tactics then this would probably be even easier.

MattB22890

Smash Cadet
if team attack is off, use the infinite (hold someone, captain falcons tap a)
Kirby (foward smash, down aerial, up tilt)
Ness (djced up arial and down arial)
If the person doesn't DI these both work even better
Falcon (agianst fast fallers or heavy chars) up smash (or 2 or 3 against link) up air a couple of times, bup

Twilight_Overlord

Smash Rookie
I agree with everyone who has mentioned Kirby's dair spike. Also, a well played Fox in general can destroy any noob. Focus on developing your skills rather than relying on cheap tricks.

Nephiros

Smash Ace
ya kirby will make them totally go like that :

▓██████████▓░▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒█
▓██████████▓███████▒▒▒░░░▒▓██▒▓█▒
▒████████████▓▒▒▓████▓░▒███▓▓░▒█▓
▒██████████████▓▒▓███▓░▓██▓▓▓▓▒▓▓
▒█████████████▒░▒████▓░░▓▓░░░▒░▒▓
▒██████████▒░░░░▒▒██▓░░░░░░░░░░▓
▒███████████▓▒░░░▒▓▒▓░░░░░░░░░▒█
▒████████████▓░▒▓██▒▓▓▒░░▒▒░░░░▓
░▓███████████▓░▒███████▓▒▒█▓░░░░░