• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need Advice....

Docablo

Smash Rookie
I'd like to start off by saying i know there are a billion threads about gc controllers being used in brawl, but one more can't hurt.:laugh: Anyway I just got a Wii and i never owned a GC. I was thinking i would like to spend time from here untill Brawls release playing melee to get practice and my skillz up. So I wanted to get peoples opinions on whether or not i should buy SSBM/4GC controllers because brawl will use them anyway or if i should just wait it out and play sonic and the secret rings and all the other dope games coming this march. So this thread is essentialy does Brawl for sure us GC controllers? and is it worth buying them?:confused:

I have thought about it and here are my thouhgts:
I also have some GC games that a friend left over at my house lol, including double dash. so that would make it worth having controllers. Also if brawl uses GC even if it also uses Wii motes some friends may prefer GC controller and therefor i should have extras. Another thing is that it might use VC classic controller, so maybe i should forget it and get one of those. And finally i would like to add that i personally think it will use Wii motes and maybe GC's on the side so i personally don't want to waste my money on melee/GC controllers when there are some dope games coming in March (Sonic- hopefully good, Tiger Woods golf, and a real tennis game) Anyway please post comments/thoughts and don't flame about it using GC/wii controller.

BTW first time poster here and don't post "too long didn't read" cuz that is a pet peeze of mine.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
did you even read his post?

anyways...if you can find Melee get it! (if you get used, you could get like a $15 microcon for the same price as new!)

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
It's almost sad to admit, but ever since I got my Wii, SSBM has been in that little white box the most.

I'd highly reccomend buying it. I'd also reccomend a Nintendo controller, seeing that all 3rd party controllers suck.

You only need one. If your friend brought over Double Dash, I'm sure he'll bring a controller every time he comes over.

Docablo

Smash Rookie
ya i really want to do it im just not so sure, I'd only get it if im absolutely sure people will want to use it, even for brawl. seeing how in one of the threads everyone said theyed rather use a gc than a wii controller

Biosage X

Smash Apprentice
If you don't have a gamecube controller, your not a true smasher
If your name is RVD_fan; you're ignorant.

I don't even own a copy of melee myself anymore, but yet i can still beat 95% of my friends and do consistantly well at the local tornements.

On Topic: I would buy a copy of melee and one or two GC controllers to start. Even if alot of things change between melee and brawl, which they probably will, experience is bound to carry over, and hey, its still a great game to play! :)

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Everything Nintendo has said indicated that Brawl will, if not primarily use, then at least have support for Gamecube controllers. Grabbing a couple along with Melee is hardly a bad investment at this point.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
A lot of the time if your thinking of playing brawl at any competitive level the people are going to be better with the GC remotes because their more used to them, plus they feel right for the game, pick up Melee with it and you will know.

AceMoney

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, no brainer here. Melee+GC controllers is the way to go. I understand though about choosing between using money on the last gen stuff when there's all this sweet Wii goodness coming out (pokemon battle revolution for first online game) anyways. It's a sound investment because you can also use it with most of the VC games and DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2 as well. So, I'm going with a yes on this one. Maybe just one gc controller though for now. Oh, and for anyone out there who is in desperate need of a wii party game...Bomberman 93 is the way to go. 5 players!!! Sorry, terribly off topic.

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
If your name is RVD_fan; you're ignorant.

I don't even own a copy of melee myself anymore, but yet i can still beat 95% of my friends and do consistantly well at the local tornements.

On Topic: I would buy a copy of melee and one or two GC controllers to start. Even if alot of things change between melee and brawl, which they probably will, experience is bound to carry over, and hey, its still a great game to play! :)
1. Shut Up
2. Is that a challenge?;)

Aeramis

Smash Ace
Get name brand Nintendo Gamecube controllers and don't get wireless. It is best to get them new. The joysticks ten to get weak and tilt alittle after awhile (around 1000+ hours of gameplay with good care) so it is good to get afew of them. There is also a problem with the connectors of the controllers getting weak and wobblely which can cause more tilt problems with the controller from what I seen. They are still the best you can get though.

Top Bottom