• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

need advice on pika

Chaos_Katana

Smash Rookie
ok i recently started playing pika and have been looking to turn him into my main. the reason being my two friends main young link and kirby. and I curently main falco picked him right when i unlocked him, well back to why i am trying to switch, basically i wanted a low tier char i know i can do well with so if i go to a tournament with my friends we can go to a low tier tournament.
so ya back to what I'm here for I've watched a few vids and I'm wondering if theres any combos tips or tricks to making my pika better, i wish i had a vid but cant record any matches, ok currently i guess i have a very predictable attack patterns especially when trying to close in on an opponent. usually ill try some form of air, i try to vary which air but i usually just get shield grabed. also I'm often slightly off with my Up-B's or they just sometimes wont work twice, is there any way to improve this besides just lots of practice. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Nigachu

Smash Apprentice
You don't always have to approch them. Use hit and run tactics using thunderjolt to throw them off their game. I noticed that it helped me when my aerials became a bit predictible. Learn how to Usmash out of a shield, that way when they attack you from the air and you guard it, you can punish them during their lag, then follow up with thunder or an aerial move to juggle them.

N64

Smash Champion
mmm, it's kind of a broad question.

Just read pictish's guide (stickied on these forums), and then maybe my matchups thread to get a bit familiar with some matchups. And watch vids to see stuff in action. Then practice and play others as much as you can. If you have any more specific questions, keep this thread goin with em.

Top Bottom