• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need advice on Fox vs R.O.B mu

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSTT

Smash Rookie
This is a matchup that I'm quite unfamiliar with and would like to hear from some experience players

My main concerns:
How to deal with projectiles in neutral? (and to approach R.O.B in neutral)
How to get past gyro edgeguard/best get up option?

And some other tips about fighting him in general will be much appreciated!

EPM

Smash Cadet
For the projectiles, just use your reflector a lot. Use your lasers to try to get him to approach, if he throws the top out, try to take control of it safely (not if he's too close, because it's probably a bait then). You should send all of his neutral B attempts right back at him so he stops trying so hard for it in neutral, and try to dodge the top instead of shielding it if possible, because it disappears when you shield it and he gets it back.
About the edgeguard, usually he wants to bait a roll, so don't roll. You can try to recover high, or try to just wait on the ledge until he makes a move. I admit I don't have too much experience handling that edgeguard.
Other tips: Respect his nair, spaced well it can autocancel and is super safe. Don't go offstage, of course. Try to shield all the way through his multi-hit moves so you can get the punishes. His approaches are safe so if you can make him come to you by outcamping him with reflector and lasers, you shouldn't have any problems. Except killing, but that's always a problem.

JBix

Ka744
NNID
murderotica744
Feel Tension has a lot of Good matches with Mr. Eric. I suggest you check them out on youtube!
https://youtu.be/7Iye7hUqwjA

That being said powershield while approaching is almost a necessity playing blitz characters like Fox, so I suggest just working in that timing. Once you get to ROB, it's over. He has a hard time getting away. Also, you can out space up air on pretty much everything he has while coming down.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom