• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need a trainer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xoid

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm new to these forums and I'm wanting to improve my game in Brawl. After playing like crazy, unlocking all the characters and stages, I started playing each character in depth and trying stuff out online with random people.....

The problem is, I want to sharpen up my game but the people on random/the people I know who play with me are all too scrubby... I thought I was pretty decent at this point, but after facing one of my friend's brother online in 1v1 matches.... it was quite clear that I was no where close to be considered decent, and it really frustrated me, and he was good, but NOT that amazing.. I was winning a few games at first, but it just seemed like all of a sudden he went super saiyan on me and kept beating me over and over...

So I was wondering if there are any LeeT players out there would have the patience to play against me on a regular basis and give me tips and pointers on improving my game. Right now my main is Sonic. I"m pretty decent with Ike, Marth, Wolf, Fox, Snake, and Captain Falcon.

Many thanks to you guys!

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
Err? Who turned Items on? In any case tho Sheng,your Marth needs to learn to show patience.With you F-smashing with him only makes Mario's job alot easier to punish IMO.If you want to have a pitbulling type Marth,poke.His tilts make it that much harder for the Mario player to overcome.The range and so forth which is Mario's most hated weakness.

zelazon

Smash Apprentice
okay, here's some advise that I can offer you on how to improve.

first would be to look at everything your character can do, from AT to just the basic combo, and start working on those. As soon as you get those down, you want to find opponent that you can face online (swf finder is a good start, clans that are for brawl, and even crews) and start playing a alot of opponents.

the key with online is that you must play as many people as you can find so you can get better as well as see the common strenths and weaknesses with each character being played. soon, you'll find yourself eventually getting better with the game and you'll start trying to do more site that have ranking to determin how good you are, but most of all is pratice against opponent you havent played before so you are always playing at your best.

it's also not good to play the same opponent over and over again, cause your opponent will learn your style and set his to counter yours. when he does that, you try to develope a strategy to counter his. Even if you could come up with a stragety to beat him, you would find youself still losing to online opponent. That's why online is so great, so you can play different people, and develope strategies agaisnt character that you can clearly see, so that if you play ur friend again, you'll have that knowledge of what to do, instead of just trying to counter his style, which if you fought a bunch of online opponents, would be a counters of ur... get it?

Xoid

Smash Rookie
okay, here's some advise that I can offer you on how to improve.

first would be to look at everything your character can do, from AT to just the basic combo, and start working on those. As soon as you get those down, you want to find opponent that you can face online (swf finder is a good start, clans that are for brawl, and even crews) and start playing a alot of opponents.

the key with online is that you must play as many people as you can find so you can get better as well as see the common strenths and weaknesses with each character being played. soon, you'll find yourself eventually getting better with the game and you'll start trying to do more site that have ranking to determin how good you are, but most of all is pratice against opponent you havent played before so you are always playing at your best.

it's also not good to play the same opponent over and over again, cause your opponent will learn your style and set his to counter yours. when he does that, you try to develope a strategy to counter his. Even if you could come up with a stragety to beat him, you would find youself still losing to online opponent. That's why online is so great, so you can play different people, and develope strategies agaisnt character that you can clearly see, so that if you play ur friend again, you'll have that knowledge of what to do, instead of just trying to counter his style, which if you fought a bunch of online opponents, would be a counters of ur... get it?
Thanls for the advice! But where can I go to find these people to play against? Any suggettions where I should start off?

Thanks for the tips!

matthewdw94*

Smash Apprentice
not even a camcorder? btw ill play you and give you pionters after the match right now if you want.

Xoid

Smash Rookie
not even a camcorder? btw ill play you and give you pionters after the match right now if you want.
I do have a camcorder actually, but yah long story short.... I can't upload the data to a computer.. it's a mini DVD camcorder and there isn't any way for me to copy the information to a PC... which is so gay.

But yeah sure.. so long as you don't take as long as the other guy who said he'd be on in one minute.... Adding you now..

matthewdw94*

Smash Apprentice
I do have a camcorder actually, but yah long story short.... I can't upload the data to a computer.. it's a mini DVD camcorder and there isn't any way for me to copy the information to a PC... which is so gay.

But yeah sure.. so long as you don't take as long as the other guy who said he'd be on in one minute.... Adding you now..
ill add you and get a match set up asap.

HOHO420

Smash Apprentice
Oh, can u train with me to? Like, honestly, ur dumb fun to fight. Most fun i had since melee, jus wondering, u dont have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom