• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB64, Melee, PM & Wii U Nebulous Prime, New York's Premier Tournament Series

Luis Alonso

Smash Journeyman
It has come to my attention that people do not know that NYC has a tournament scene. Being one of the biggest cities in the country, this should not be the case, but it apparently is. This may not be the case for Melee and Smash 4, but it certainly is for Smash 64 and Project M. As such, I take it upon myself to provide some information regarding Nebulous Prime, New York's premier tournament series.

Nebulous Prime is located at 145 Ridge St. We are located close to the J, F, and M train. You can take those trains to either Delancey St. or Essex St. (or take the F train and M train to 2nd Avenue). From there you can walk to Ridge St. There's always a sign near the entrance, so you can't miss it.

On Friday, Smash 64 and Project M are played. Smash 64 is TO'd and streamed by Jimmy Joe McGurl and Project M is TO'd by FS | Gurukid and FS | Gambit. It is streamed in hitbox by NYCPM.

Saturday is Melee. Many of you already know, but Melee is TO'd by Jesse Hertz and is streamed by Sigmelee.

Finally there's Smash 4. Smash 4 is a unique case, where the TO team actually hosts it Sunday AND Monday. Unfortunately, I don't know the TO team off the top of my head, but I do know it is streamed by Ninjalink.

So come on through if you want your fill of Smash Bros.!

Blacq Soul

Smash Rookie
would you recommend this spot to amateurs? I mean I've played smash bros since the first on n64 and been following the game to date and play it a lot but I've never participated in any kind of tournament

Luis Alonso

Smash Journeyman
Yes. Any tournament series is a fantastic means for amateurs to gain the experience they need to become better.

Top Bottom