• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

neat little trick you all might like

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
not sure if thsi is known
but don't you hate it that when you follow up from an air attack with for example an Utilt that falcon just gets that little landing lag from Uair and after that the up tilt comes out ?
(so basically you just put in the command for utilt too early and it results in Uair lag)

the solution: Airdodge
if you airdodge right befor you land you can widen your input time as no arial will come out

one can even immediatly dash after a jump easier this way

(this may not be falcon specific but I main falcon so I want his meta game to develop :p)
hope this helps

YesISpeakChinese

Smash Apprentice
another reason to use air dodge is because if you input a smash move (or possibly tilts if you have good timing) it is completely buffered offering a lagless transition
SHAD is used partly for this reason i believe
air dodge is also better than teching if possible imo since teching has more lag

Smash Apprentice
For me it mostly is of advantage that this uTilt is coming out instead of uair because people try to airdodge/shield that uair and not the slow utilt so they mostly get hit.

YesISpeakChinese

Smash Apprentice
neji32
it would be SHADing if the person was actually short hop air dodging :psycho:
knee is just talking about ending w/e your doing with an air dodge to prevent from mis timing a move and performing something that results in lag

Top Bottom