• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nayru's Love

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
Ok I figured that this move deserves it's own thread.
We can keep things more organized this way.

Here is the old summary in the "keeping it classy" thread

1.) It's a reflector. Does exactly what its supposed to, reflects projectiles. Unlike Fox, Wolf, or Pit; you can't hold this out. The time it lasts is set. So have good timing.

2.) Deals damage and has practically no startup lag. Nayru's and the d-smash are Zelda's two quickest attacks. The move does have ending lag though (more than the d-smash). If you hit your opponent though, the knockback is enough at any percent that you won't be left open. Awesome to use if an opponent gets too close. Just make sure you aren't abusing this or missing, becuase you can be punished if you miss it.

3.) It'll knock an opponent in the direction Zelda's facing. This is important to know. If your facing away from an opponent towards the edge and you hit with this move, it'll knock them off the edge. This use this to force an opponent towards whatever side of you that you want them.

4.) It has invincibility frames at the start

-------------------------------------------------------

There was also a thread stating that it can be used to change the direction a hothead is revolving around the stage, and turn it to your team's side.

Another use I like to get out of nayru's love (if it's not 1v1) is that if you are surrounded by an opponent on eachside, using nayru's love will throw both opponents in the direction you're facing. This puts them both on the same side as you, which is a much more preferable position for zelda rather than being surrounded.

In that situation it's a better weapon than d-smash, and I also use nayru's love sometimes while edgeguarding to throw the opponent back toward the abyss.

Nayru's love fails on a couple of people .. fox shoots too fast, so you'll get hit anyway, and wolf's laser won't reflect back far enough to punish him. Works well on pit.

I CANNOT seem to make use of these invibility frames against metaknight's tornado.
I have found that n-air seems to be more effective, and trying to naryu's love against the tornado just results in me being punished.

Is anybody else's experience similar to mine regarding MK?

Top Bottom