• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nashville, TN smashers

Blueshadow

Smash Apprentice
We must unite. We need to have a music city smash fest. if anyone in nashville has an idea, a tournament or just hang out, let me know. also, we need to borrow zane's idea, and take a place during after]hours.

jcpwn

Smash Journeyman
try and hook up with michael slanovits (mslano1), a student at vandy. he's looking for nashville smash. set something up and i'm there.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
I had just made a thread like this last week looking for people to play. I haven't had a chance to really play much Smash lately. I would love to get together and play some people from the area. I've got a busy schedule these next couple of weeks, but I could fit in some time to play on the weekends if people would be willing to stop by campus to play.

Also, I have a week at the end of the semester, after exams are over, when I might be able to set up a smallish tournament within my dorm, if there are enough people to provide TVs and Gamecubes. I'll look into this more after this oncoming set of work that I have to finish. In the meantime, I'd be happy to play against you Blueshadow, or anyone else in the area.

Blueshadow

Smash Apprentice
which school? I might be able to make it.. but it'll take some time, and grade A planning.

Also, what's a good place around the area to hold tournies?(places that will let you hold them there)

mslano

Smash Journeyman
I'm at Vanderbilt.

As for possible tournament locations, larger events could be held at a school or church. I'm not really familiar with the area, but I can ask some people who live here if they have any ideas.

Blueshadow

Smash Apprentice
hmm.. churches??? achools???? OMFG I could have set up a tourny at my high school. rofl... If it works though....

how many people should I expect... I say 100 of us total
I don't suspect too many locals in my area(Madden-heads).

I just e-mailed our principal. With some stroke of gamer's luck, it'll work, and stratford will be a new smash venue for me to whoop ***!

W00

Blueshadow

Smash Apprentice
Oh Yeah!!!!!

AS of right now, I want to say, that my high school being used as a tournament facility, is almost a reality! I gotta talk to my principal and stuff, but, it wasn't a flat out no. :dizzy: :lick: :burst:

Blueshadow

Smash Apprentice
More Information, With A Tad Bit Of Dissappointment!

Okay, so she didn't seem to mind, but now it comes down to these few things

cost of tournament, cost of custodian, and if I can't find a teacher or 2 to "chaperone"(gonna look for teachers who play smash) then security also...

Well, at first, I figured cost would be maybe 5, but now, it might be 15(5 tourny entry, 5 cust., 5 security). I'll try to see if i can convince some of my teammates to help me pay a percentage of the fees.

I have to give my principal a kind of written sketch of it, but, all things considered, this seems like it'll work, if just the higher price.

As far as hours go(she asked about it), I was thinking noon-4 PM?

Also, I would like it if you guys could kind of sign if you don't mind those hours, and remember, custodians are paid 1.5x pay for this crap(price MAY be dependant upon them)

the tournament would be 1v1 only, with 2 on 2 matches done when there is room and time.
:mad:

blargh. the man always tries to stop the blueshadow....

jcpwn

Smash Journeyman
first off, why would you need a custodian? it usually doesn't get too messy (trash wise) at tournaments, and secondly couldn't you and your crew just clean up after? that's what i did at my tournament.

third, just a singles tourney? i don't favor it.
fourth, if you plan on doing a RR to determine seeding in the double elim bracket, you might need more than four hours, especially if you put in a team tourney.

next, if we absolutely have to have some sort of supervision for this thing, i suggest you ask whichever teacher is in charge of or interested in your tech. dept., like maybe an A/V teacher or something. or ask your principal if parents could be a possibility as a chaperone.

and finally, make the entry fee $10 for singles, $10 per person in doubles. $5 tourney's just aren't worth the trip.

lyrical.dreams

Smash Rookie
I'm in Nashville, TN, and I'm definately down for any comp I can find. I go to TSU, so if anyone wants a game, get at me.

Blueshadow

Smash Apprentice
jcpwn said:
first off, why would you need a custodian? it usually doesn't get too messy (trash wise) at tournaments, and secondly couldn't you and your crew just clean up after? that's what i did at my tournament.

third, just a singles tourney? i don't favor it.
fourth, if you plan on doing a RR to determine seeding in the double elim bracket, you might need more than four hours, especially if you put in a team tourney.

next, if we absolutely have to have some sort of supervision for this thing, i suggest you ask whichever teacher is in charge of or interested in your tech. dept., like maybe an A/V teacher or something. or ask your principal if parents could be a possibility as a chaperone.

and finally, make the entry fee $10 for singles, $10 per person in doubles. $5 tourney's just aren't worth the trip.

I don't think you understood what i'm saying to you....
I DON'T WANT CUSTODIANS.. Principal says that's the rules.. the Board of Education makes the circumstances that I'm going by. i'm still working on time and teacher/sponsor(has to be teacher or security)

these things aren't negotiable...if you can't come because of these things, sorry, but hey, i can't help it. i offered to do the cleaning work when i first talked to her... HAS TO BE CUSTODIANS.

the price? about to talk to my team to see if they want to pitch in to help for costs.
tournament? probably only singles, but does it matter THAT MUCH?

jcpwn

Smash Journeyman
Blueshadow said:
I don't think you understood what i'm saying to you....
i understood, thanks.
i was giving you bargaining jargon for your principal, but since you've already attempted that, i'll stop posting here.

turok4n64

Smash Cadet
sup guys, i live in Hermitage and in Murfreesboro. I go to MTSU. I also work at Brentwood Grille in Brentwood, I play smash alot...been to tournaments and stuff, would like to play someone near

noob114

Smash Rookie
yea it would be awesome if some sort of tournament could be set up, I'd love for the nashville smash scene to grow =)

Iceburgh

Smash Journeyman
Hey if you guys read my topic ill be in the area later tonight.So if your interested just post in the topic ill check it in about 6 hours as I get closer and will post detials on my exact location.Ill be coming down I75 south merging with I 65 South.Thats as much as I know other than the fact that theres a few big truck stops in the area.If anyone knows of which one I should stop at to make it eaiser please post that as well.

MunkyMan33

Smash Apprentice
Hey all, I just moved down to Nashville to play music. i'm from a b-more crew up north. I'd like to get hooked back in the scene down here. Any info would be appreciated. thanks-Munky

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Hey all, I just moved down to Nashville to play music. i'm from a b-more crew up north. I'd like to get hooked back in the scene down here. Any info would be appreciated. thanks-Munky
There are some players in Smyrna, TN, for sure. You can pm JMOAN about those guys.

And I'm sure there are some people left in Nashville. I saw Aurafox post a week or so ago haha!

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
There are some players in Smyrna, TN, for sure. You can pm JMOAN about those guys.

Are there any players in murfreesboro.If so there's a local tournament going on at this store called "The Game Plan". on wednesday.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
where is this "Game Plan" and post it in the TN thread ill probably go to it. Its my Bday that Day anyone wanna come up for my bday this weekend and partay?

Top Bottom