• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Namco Character discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think Nightmare stole the design of one of my characters.

Though I guess the design could have been used in the past.

The stomach mouth thing

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I've probably posted this here before, but it bears repeating.

I honestly don't want ANY Tekken our SoulCalibur characters. Assuming we only get one rep per third-pary company, Pac-Man, Lloyd Irving, or Kalas and INFINITELY better choices for a Namco rep.

Guys, remember: this is a NINTENDO crossover. If there are third party characters, they should be characters that have some sort of history with Nintendo. Tekken/Soulcalibur characters just aren't associated with Nintendo.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Guys, remember: this is a NINTENDO crossover. If there are third party characters, they should be characters that have some sort of history with Nintendo. Tekken/Soulcalibur characters just aren't associated with Nintendo.
So basically Pac-Man then?

Im ok with that.

Venraneld

Smash Cadet
I've probably posted this here before, but it bears repeating.

I honestly don't want ANY Tekken our SoulCalibur characters. Assuming we only get one rep per third-pary company, Pac-Man, Lloyd Irving, or Kalas and INFINITELY better choices for a Namco rep.

Pac-man has about as much history with Nintendo as Tekken and Soul Calibur. They all were not on Nintendo consoles to begin with, but all made it onto Nintendo consoles eventually and each series has interacted with Nintendo characters before.

Also, since Namco is making the game, they may get more representatives than other third-party companies. Like most people, I wouldn't want them to make it Nintendo vs Namco though either. I say the entire company of Namco should be treated the same as one of the Nintendo franchises. In other words, four characters max. And if I had to choose those four it would be KOS-MOS, Yoshimitsu, Klonoa and Lloyd.

D

Deleted member

Pac-man has about as much history with Nintendo as Tekken and Soul Calibur. They all were not on Nintendo consoles to begin with, but all made it onto Nintendo consoles eventually and each series has interacted with Nintendo characters before.

Also, since Namco is making the game, they may get more representatives than other third-party companies. Like most people, I wouldn't want them to make it Nintendo vs Namco though either. I say the entire company of Namco is treated the same as one of the Nintendo franchises. In other words, four characters max. And if I had to choose those four it would be KOS-MOS, Yoshimitsu, Klonoa and Lloyd.
Pac-Man has many more games on Nintendo systems than Soul Calibur, which only has two; SCII and Legends, and Tekken, which only has three; Advance, 3D Prime Edition, and the upcoming Tag Team Tournament 2.
It'd be like saying someone like NiGHTS was on the same level as Sonic in terms of Nintendo history.

Pac-Man also has Mario Kart Arcade GP and the sequel, where he races with Mario and co.
And one of the games, Pac-Man Vs., was even developed by Shigeru Miyamoto, a big name in Nintendo.

AND, Tekken's head developer has mentioned that he doubts a Tekken character would even fit Smash Bros., and said that Namco will NOT push for one nor a Soul Calibur and that if one gets in, it will be because Sakurai wants one.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Pac-Man has many more games on Nintendo systems than Soul Calibur, which only has two; SCII and Legends, and Tekken, which only has three; Advance, 3D Prime Edition, and the upcoming Tag Team Tournament 2.
It'd be like saying someone like NiGHTS was on the same level as Sonic in terms of Nintendo history.

Pac-Man also has Mario Kart Arcade GP and the sequel, where he races with Mario and co.
And one of the games, Pac-Man Vs., was even developed by Shigeru Miyamoto, a big name in Nintendo.

AND, Tekken's head developer has mentioned that he doubts a Tekken character would even fit Smash Bros., and said that Namco will NOT push for one nor a Soul Calibur and that if one gets in, it will be because Sakurai wants one.
Thank you.

Namco will (probably) be treated the same as all the other third parties. So far, we've only seen one character per third party company. We don't know if this will be adjusted or not for the next game, but I'd prefer that the quantity of third party characters be limited.

They all were not on Nintendo consoles to begin with, but all made it onto Nintendo consoles eventually and each series has interacted with Nintendo characters before
Aside from Link appearing in SC2, I don't remember seeing ANY Nintendo characters in a SC game, or in a Tekken game for that matter.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
They all were not on Nintendo consoles to begin with, but all made it onto Nintendo consoles eventually and each series has interacted with Nintendo characters before.
Link was the only Nintendo character in a Namco fighting game.

There has been no Nintendo characters in Tekken and the only Namco franchise, besides SoulCalibur, to interact with Nintendo stars was the Pac-Man series. (Pac-Man Vs. had Mario as an announcer and then there was Mario kart GP 1 & 2)

Venraneld

Smash Cadet

Thank you for explaining exactly what I said. Each of the series has done work with Nintendo before. They may not have all had the same amount, but that doesn't mean they don't qualify.

Harada says he doesn't think a Tekken character would fit in a Smash Bros game and then debuts Heihachi as a character in PlayStation Battle Royal which is about as close to a Smash Bros game as you can get so I'm not going to treat his word as law.

Namco will be treated the same as all the other third parties.
Didn't know you were sitting in on Nintendo & Namco's meetings. My bad.

There has been no Nintendo characters in Tekken and the only Namco franchise, besides SoulCalibur, to interact with Nintendo stars was the Pac-Man series. (Pac-Man Vs. had Mario as an announcer and then there was Mario kart GP 1 & 2)
Fair enough. For some reason I was thinking that the Tekken characters had met a Nintendo mascot somewhere along the line, but my mistake. Maybe I was thinking of Heihachi and Link in Soul Calibur 2 but I guess that wouldn't count if they weren't on each others consoles. Darn, so close. No matter. I'm pretty sure these mushrooms are courtesy of the big N.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Harada says he doesn't think a Tekken character would fit in a Smash Bros game and then debuts Heihachi as a character in PlayStation Battle Royal which is about as close to a Smash Bros game as you can get so I'm not going to treat his word as law.
Tekken(especially in its early days) has always been heavily associated with the Playstation brand, so it makes sense for a Tekken character to be in PSA.

Didn't know you were sitting in on Nintendo & Namco's meetings. My bad.
Namco will (probably) be treated the same as all the other third parties.
Changed just for you. My point was that there's very little evidence that Namco will be given special treatment. Nintendo has collaborated with third parties before(especially during the Gamecube era), and nothing really came out of most of those other than good games.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
For some reason I was thinking that the Tekken characters had met a Nintendo mascot somewhere along the line, but my mistake. Maybe I was thinking of Heihachi and Link in Soul Calibur 2 but I guess that wouldn't count if they weren't on each others consoles. Darn, so close. No matter. I'm pretty sure these mushrooms are courtesy of the big N.

Yeah Nintendo probably allowed them to use Nintendo items as extras.

That game is a smash like game but it plays completely differently.

Tekken and SoulCalibur also have no place in Smash anyway. (Even though Nightmare and Alex would be awesome)

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
He didn't say that "Tekken Characters wouldn't fit in Smash Bros." He basically was saying that he felt that "Tekken Characters" wouldn't fit into the universe of Smash Brothers, alongside Nintendo franchises, and that the crowd it's targeted to wouldn't appreciate them.

Which I agree with. There's a follow-up somewhere that said he received a bunch of messages from people who told him after that interview, things along the lines of "yes! Thank you for seeing that they don't fit"... or something like that haha

He "fits" into PlayStation All-Star Battle Royale because there is no cohesive "look" to all the characters. It's a bunch of characters thrown together, and aimed at a different target market, so of course a tekken character would fit. (and they were probably asked, to use him, as well). From the interview, he seems to know that his character would look very out of place. I'm hoping(betting) Sakurai feels the same way.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
PASBR is about as far away from Super Smash Bros. as possible in terms of what kind of characters are included.

Holy eff, if Sakurai thought making Snake fit into Smash Bros. was hard, what makes any person think adding a Tekken or SC character would be any easier?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Im going to be honest and say i could totally see Heihachi, Jin, and Kazuya in Smash. However, they'd be assist trophies.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Yoshimitsu>Lloyd>A different Tales character>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pac-Man

Pac-Man is just so lame. :urg:

:phone:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

livan

Smash Apprentice
Klonoa could fit good in Super Smash Bros so i hope he can join n_n

livan

Smash Apprentice
if any digimon at all makes it in, then my entire childhood will have come together into a single game. link vs. mario vs. pikachu vs. agumon? yes, please.

klonoa would be cool too. i'm not so big on anything else N-B has made, honestly.
Yes i agreed with you and more important Klonoa is a kind hero so that makes him fit well with some characters. n_n

livan

Smash Apprentice
Pacman and Klonoa. They are the most fitting.
Yeah! both are the best from namco to join has playable characters, also the digimons too maybe has trophies for help in the battle could be ok.

n_n

livan

Smash Apprentice
Here the analysis I made for a possible Namco character back in 2007.

Profile: Pac-Man:

First appearance: Pac-Man (Arcade)

Appearances on Nintendo consoles (just notable ones, there are too many to list): Pac-Man (NES, Wii Virtual Console), Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures (SNES), Namco Museum 64 (N64), Namco Museum (GBA), Pac-Man Collection (GBA), Namco Museum 50th Anniversary (GCN), Pac-Man Fever (GCN), Pac-Man World 2 (GCN), Pac-Man World 3 (GCN), Pac-Man VS., Pac-Man World Rally, Pac n’ Roll (DS), Pac-Pix (DS), Namco Museum Remix (Wii), Pac-Man Carnival (Wii)

Profile:
Pac-Man is the star of the famous culture phenomenon arcade classic, Pac-Man. He is yellow, and likes to eat a lot. His enemies are ghosts that like to chase him. He is basically Namco’s mascot, and he has made a lot of cameos in games by them that are not titles Pac-Man. He has even starred in some games with Mario like Mario Kart GP for the arcade, and Mario himself also made a cameo in Pac-Man Vs.

Why He Should Be In Brawl:
Pac-Man is Namco’s mascot. If there is one character from the company that should be in Brawl it should be Pac-Man. Pac-Man has starred in many games on Nintendo consoles and has even starred in games with Nintendo characters like Mario Kart GP and Mario Kart GP 2. Pac-Man has the most appeal and popularity of any of Namco’s characters, and he is a gaming legend along with Mario, Link, Sonic, and Mega Man. Also, contrary to popular belief, Pac-Man has many moves that can be used in Brawl just from Pac-Man World series alone.

Why He Should Not Be In Brawl:
Pac-Man is outdated, and would have a dull moveset. If there is to be a Namco character in Brawl, it should be one from a recent series and one that has great and unique move potential. A character from the Tales or Soul Calibur series would be better choices.

What Are His Chances:
Pac-Man has the best chances of any Namco character. He is going to appear in two upcoming games on the Wii (Namco Museum Remix and Pac-Man Carnival) and he has made guest-appearances in Nintendo games before (he is a playable character in the Mario Kart GP series for the arcade). Also, Mario made a cameo appearance in Pac-Man VS. for the GameCube. Miyamoto is also good friends with the creator of Pac-Man, and only reason why Snake got into Brawl was because Kojima’s close relationship with Sakurai. Bringing Pac-Man into Brawl would not be a smart move by Namco from a business perspective. Overall, Pac-Man has some of the highest chances to be in Brawl among all third-party characters.

Cress Albane:

First appearance: Tales of Phantasia (SNES)

Also appeared in (Nintendo consoles): Tales of Phantasia (GBA), Tales of the World: Summoner’s Lineage (GBA), Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 (GBA)

Cress is the main protagonist of Tales of Phantasia. He is 17 years old, and was trained by his father. He lives in the town of Toltus with his parents. He is able to wield swords, axes, spears, and wear the heaviest armor. He can also use various techniques in battle. Cress gains his techniques through leveling and he gains combos from Secret Skills Books. Cress was the only playable character in the original version of Tales of Phantasia. However, in later versions, he is still the character that the players are likely to play as the most.

Cress was the star of the first Tales games, and Tales of Phantasia still remains one of the most popular Tales games in Japan. Cress made his first appearance on a Nintendo console. Finally, Cress would be a good character to place into Brawl because of all of the moves that he has in his own game.

Tales of Phantasia is not that popular outside of Japan (the only popular Tales games outside Japan is Tales of Symphonia). Also, Namco miught opt to place a character from one of their more recent Tales games or an upcoming Tales games for a Nintendo console, instead of one from a game released over a decade ago.

What Are His Chances:
Cress is one of the most likely Tales characters to get into Brawl. Tales of Phantasia is popular in Japan and was the first Tales games. However, its likely that Namco might choose a character that can benefit them financially (ie. A character from an upcoming games of their’s on a Nintendo console). For this reason, Cress’s chances are hurt. Also, other Namco characters, such as Pac-Man, are more likely because they are more iconic, whereas characters from Tales games have only appeared in one or two games of their own series.

Lloyd Irving:

First appearance: Tales of Symphonia (GCN)

Other appearances on Nintendo consoles: Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 (GBA)

Profile:

Lloyd Irving is the main protagonist of Tales of Symphonia. He was orphaned as a child and raised just outside the village of Iselia by his adoptive dwarf father, Dirk. His best friends are Colette Brunel and Genis Sage, both of whom he is very protective of. Lloyd accompanies Colette as one of her guardians on her Journey of Regeneration. He is a bad student and a slacker with a tendency to goof off, however, he is serious about protecting his friends and defending his ideals. Lloyd has a lot of knowledge about Exspheres, a talent that proves to be very useful over the course of his journey. Lloyd is also a skilled craftsmen. For most of the game, the player will be able to control Lloyd. Lloyd’s weapons of choice are two single-edged swords, and his attacks are purely physical. He is one of two playable characters in the game that cannot use magical attacks.

Lloyd is from the highest selling Tales game worldwide. Tales of Symphonia is really popular, and is considered by many to be one of the GameCube’s best RPGs. Sakurai said that for Brawl, he did not just want to choose characters that were only popular in Japan. Lloyd is the only Tales characters that fits that description. Also, Lloyd dual blade fighting style would be quite interesting to see implemented into Brawl. Finally, Lloyd is one of the last main heroes from the Tales series to make their debut on a Nintendo console.

Lloyd’s dual blade fighting style has already been taken by Pit, making him have far less moveset appeal than he initially did. Also, it is unlikely that future games with Lloyd will be made for Nintendo consoles. If there is a new Tales game in development for the Wii, Namco will likely place the main character from that game instead of Lloyd.

What Are His Chances:
Lloyd has the best chances to be in Brawl out of the Tales characters. However, if Namco is developing a new Tales game for Wii, it is likely that they will use the main hero from that game if they decide to place a Tales game in Brawl. Also, Lloyd, like other Namco characters, have serious competition from Pac-Man. Overall, Lloyd is in the Top 5 most likely Namco characters for Brawl.

KOS-MOS:

First appearance: Xenosaga Episode I (PS2)

Appearance on a Nintendo console: Xenosaga I & II (DS)

Profile:

KOS-MOS is one of the main protagonists of the Xenosaga series. She is an armored android developed by the interstellar conglomerate Vector Industries. The name KOS-MOS is an acronym to denote an anti-Gnosis tactics system. It stands for “Kosmos Obey Strategical Multiple Operation Systems.” Her development name is “KP-X” and she is self classified as a “Special Humanoid Anti-Gnosis Annihilation Weapon.” KOS-MOS is entirely composed of mechanical parts, which is a rarity in the age of advanced Realian technology. The basic tenets that she operates on are logic, probability, and above all, completing her missions and objectives. Shion Unuki, KOS-MOS’s co-creator, is also unconditionally protected by her. KOS-MOS is equipped with “Simulated Personality OS” which help aid in communication, and although her speech conveys her as an android in service to humans, her tendency to put probability and logic first make her a bit difficult to manage sometimes. KOS-MOS appears to be emotionless, however, throughout the series, evidence indicates that this is not entirely true.

Why She Should Be In Brawl:
KOS-MOS is one of Namco’s most popular characters, and she has a large fanbase in Japan. She has also made a lot of cameos in other Namco games such as Namco x Capcom, Baten Kaitos, Soul Calibur 3, and Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3. Nintendo recently bought Monolith Soft, the developer of Xenosaga. As a matter of fact, Namco actually sold their shares of Monolith Soft so that they can develop better relations with Nintendo. It is this reason that a character created by Monolith Soft should be Namco’s representative for Brawl. KOS-MOS is by far the most popular character that Monolith Soft has created. Also, many people say that there should be more female fighters in Brawl. KOS-MOS has a lot of moveset potential, and would be unique addition to the Brawl’s character roster. Finally, Yasunori Mitsuda, the composer of Xenosaga Episode I, is composing for Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Why She Should Not Be In Brawl:
A lot of people consider the Xenosaga series to be mediocre and to have a overly-complex, convoluted and nonsensical plot. KOS-MOS is nowhere near as popular or well-known as Pac-Man. Finally, if a character created by Monolith Soft should get into Brawl, it should be Kalas, not KOS-MOS, because there was only one Xenosaga game on a Nintendo console, yet both Baten Kaitos games were exclusive to the GameCube.

What Are Her Chances:
KOS-MOS has decent chances. However, sevewral things to keep in mind. One is that Monolith Soft was only acquired last month by Nintendo, which means that the idea to include a Monolith Soft character into Brawl will have been a recent idea from Sakurai’s team and Namco, and negotiations to include third-party characters in Brawl might take a while. (Ie. It might not be likely that you will see KOS-MOS or Kalas in a trailer at the next E3). Also, its unlikely that Nintendo now owns the Xenosaga series, even though they own Monolith Soft (though, there could be some partial ownership). Finally, Xenosaga Episode III was stated to be the last installment to the series, so its unlikely that they would place KOS-MOS into Brawl for promotional reasons. However, she has enormous popularity.

Kalas:

First appearance: Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean (GCN)

Profile:

Kalas is the main protagonist of Baten Kaitos. He is one a journey to avenge the death of his brother and grandfather. Kalas was born with only one wing, and for this he was considered to be malformed and monstrous. Luckily, since his grandfather was a great engineer, he built him a substitute Winglet. Unlike typical RPG protagonists, Kalas is a selfish, jerk. He does whatever he wants, and does not care whether it’s the right thing or not. Kalas is spiritually bonded with the Guardian Spirit (AKA- the player). However, depending on your actions in-game, Kalas’s personality will change over the course of the game.

Baten Kaitos is considered by many to be one of the GameCube’s best RPGs. Also, the Baten Kaitos series was GameCube exclusive. Its for this reason, that Kalas should get in over KOS-MOS, as Namco’s representative, if they decide to place in a Monolith Soft character. Kalas has great move potential as well. Finally, Motoi Sakuraba, the composer of Baten Kaitos, is composing for Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Kalas is nowhere near as popular as Pac-Man or KOS-MOS. Also, the second Baten Katios game, Baten Kaitos Origins, had very poor sales. The first Baten Kaitos did not have very high sales either, especially compared to Xenosaga Episode I. Also, there is a strong possibility that there will not be future Baten Kaitos games because of the poor sales of the second game.

What Are His Chances:
Kalas has okay chances to be in Brawl as Namco’s representative. Kalas was once requested in Sakurai’s poll on the Japanese Brawl site. Also, it is likely that Nintendo has at least partial ownership of the Baten Kaitos series, since they published the second one in Japan and North America. However, placing Kalas in Brawl would lack any promotional value on the part of Namco because there is a strong possibility that there will not be any more Baten Kaitos game, and that if a future one is made, Kalas won’t be in the game. However, there is a possibility that Kalas might come in as a fist-party character, rather than a third-party character if Nintendo does indeed now own the rights to Baten Kaitos.

Siegfried:

First appearance: Soul Edge (Arcade)

Appearance on Nintendo consoles: Soul Calibur II (GCN), Soul Calibur Legends (Wii)

Profile:
Siegfried’s story in the Soul series is very long, so I am not going to be summarizing it in this profile. However, you can go here if you want to learn about his history throughout the series:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/927089/26537

Siegfried is a very important character in the Soul series. Also, he is going to be the main character of Soul Calibur Legends for the Nintendo Wii. He can very easily be implemented into Brawl since he is already from a fighting game. Finally, a Soul Calibur character should be Brawl because Link was a playable character in the GameCube version of Soul Calibur 2.

There might be better Soul Calibur characters to place into Brawl rather than Siefried. Also, Pac-Man and KOS-MOS are both more popular than any Soul Calibur character. Finally, some Smash Bros. fans have been complaining that there are too many sword users in the game, and adding a character like Siegfried would offer no uniquenes.

What Are His Chances:
Siegfried’s chances to be in Brawl lie with the fact he is the main character of Soul Calibur Legends, and that Nintendo used one of their characters (Link) to promote Soul Calibur 2. Namco might repay the favor, while at the same time, be promoting their own game. It is important to keep in mind though, that other characters from Soul Calibur Legends have a chance of getting in as well. Overall, Siegfried best chances to get in will be if they decide to put in a character that promotes an upcoming games of theirs.

Klonoa:

First appearance: Klonoa: Door to Phantomile (PS1)

Appearance on Nintendo consoles: Klonoa: Empire of Dreams (GBA), Klonoa 2: Dream Champ Tournament (GBA), Klonoa Heroes: Legend of the Star Medal (GBA)

Profile:
Klonoa is the protagonist of Namco’s excellent platformer series, Klonoa. He lives in the world of Phantomile in a small village called Breezegale with his grandfather. In the first game, Klonoa is sent to another universe also called Phantomile to the saves the world and its dreams. Klonoa is described a being a “Dream Traveler”, who is fated to travel to various places where the state of dreams is in danger. Klonoa has met several characters who would later become regulars in the series such as Popka and Lolo during his later travels to several Dream Worlds. His rival is gun-slinging mercenary named Gantz. Klonoa’s has many different abilities and attacks in his games, making him one of the more unique platformer characters.

Klonoa has lots of move potential, much more than most of the other Namco characters listed previously. Klonoa is also Namco’s primary platformer series, and who wouldn’t want to see him fight it out with Mario, Kirby, or Sonic. Klonoa is pretty popular as well, and has had several games on Nintendo consoles.

Klonoa lacks the popularity of Pac-Man, KOS-MOS, or some Tales characters. Also, there are no Klonoa games currently in development (or at least that the public is aware of). The sales of recent Klonoa games have been low, so the series might be losing some steam.

What Are His Chances:

Klonoa chances lie whether or not Namco secretly has a new Klonoa game in development for the Wii or DS. If they do, Klonoa’s chances would be rather high. If there is no new Klonoa game in development, his chances are low. Its for this reason that Klonoa’s chances of being picked as Namco’s representative for Brawl are an overall mystey. (Hopefully, we will find out about new possible Klonoa games at E3.)
I can't wait, until the next smash comes i will support Klonoa more hope he join there. n_n

livan

Smash Apprentice
Tekken, no
Soul Calibur, no
The black rabit cat thing (Klonoa?), yes
Pac-Man, maybe
Digimon, no

So far I'm not liking the choices, most don't "fit", then again thats what we thought with Snake and look how awesome that turned out.
Pac-man and Klonoa cool but don't call him "a thing" he is a kind hero that do his best for help in everything, maybe a digimon could be there has a trophy n_n

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Nice quintuple post there, but I agree that Klonoa would be cool. He's my most wanted Namco character (actually he's only one of two that I want, and one of three that I wouldn't dislike the inclusion of), but like I've said before, I really think his chances aren't very good when compared to Pac-Man, a Tales, Tekken, or SC character. Personally, along with Pac-Man, I think he's the character that would fit in with the Smash style the best though.

Well, if somehow he does manage to get in, I hope his icon would be similar to Onyx Oblivion's awesome Klonoa Icon.
[collapse=Awesome Icon]
[/collapse]

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Supposedly when starting to work with Namco-Bandai, Sakurai specifically requested the director of the Tales series, Higuchi, so... maybe they're friends? Possibly we could see another Snake here. If he only knows him professionally, or not at all, then it's because Sakurai knows his work on the Tales series and perhaps wants to include references to it in the new Smash Bros. Either way I think it really helps out getting a Tales character, which would probably end up being Lloyd considering he's the one best known on Nintendo consoles and has been in cross-overs previously.

That article linked to earlier is authored incorrectly. It was actually Makoto Yoshizumi, one of the other directors of the Tales series that said that.. which if you read it, why would Higuchi refer to himself in the third person haha. Higuchi himself never publicly stated he wanted a Tales character in the game.

I think it'd almost be more surprising to not get Pac-Man at this point, for reasons I'm sure are all over this thread. Sakurai stating recently that he loved Sonic and Snake being in Brawl, it's obviously we'll get more third party characters. With Sakurai saying it would be limited, though, it's possible we could only get Pac-Man from Namco-Bandai.

Idk, wouldn't be surprised with anything at this point. I don't think we'd get more than Pac-Man and maybe Lloyd.

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
Every day it seems lloyd is getting somehow more likely. If a man who has been asked to work on smash by Sakurai himself asks for a character I imagine that character has a decent chance.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Sorry to bump. But can I make a thread dedicated just to the Soul series or have threads on individual characters?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Am I the only one who doesn't want any Namco characters at all?
Definitely not. There are some Namco characters that I would prefer over others, but I'd be the most content if no Namco characters were included. They'll probably do a fine job on development, but I really have no interest in the inclusion of any of their IPs (not to say that I don't like any of Namco's IPs, I just don't want them in Smash). Really the only new 3rd party I'd like to see (that actually has a chance) is Megaman. If we had to get a Namco character I'd prefer Pac-Man over anybody from Tekken, SC, or even Tales, but I'd be the happiest if no Namco characters got in.

pokémoneinstein

Smash Cadet
^ That is exactly how I feel. In terms of preference, my list is:

1) Nobody
2) Pac-Man
3) Lloyd Irving

And anybody else, I would be actively upset about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom