• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nair

MrPereida

Smash Rookie
Soo how good is jigglz Nair? What are some possible ways to use it for approach? To back off? Spacing Hitboxes all that jazz.

jab jab>sh>Nair

Yokoblue

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0345-0592-4740
I think it has a lot of combo potential.
What I do a lot around mid percents on most of the cast is fair-nair-fair-nair. It works 3-4 times on faties at certain percent and you can drag them offscreen really often.
I personally don't use it to approach because Fair and Bair have more range.

Other than that, I think jiggs Nair work just like other characters nairs, Combo breaker. Luigi-Yoshi-Pika-Ness to name a few.
If you get comboed, just spam it and you'll hit really often.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
What's awesome about Jigglypuff's nair is that it doesn't have a slow startup. It lasts a long time, so it s great for spacing and gimping. Stringing nairs offstage is one of the best kill options. It's also pretty powerful, with a good 11% if sweetspot, and 6% sour. Nair is also great if sh-oos. You can short hop it and go backwards causing your opponents to fear it and be wary of approach. It's just may not be te best approach option sometimes, usually fair is the more get-in-your-face move.

tru.

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
Neutral-air can be used to break out of combos. When you're being put in a combo, mashing the attack button to trigger neutral-air can be just the trick to break free (and deal some damage). The knock-back often sets Jiggly up to combo with neutral-air and forward-air and sweep the opponent offstage. I wouldn't use to approach, as its range is not stellar.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
It's absolutely hilarious that you can just SH nair if your opponent is on the edge, and it will hit them when they try to get up. Sets up easy gimp opportunities.

Also nair is amazing for interrupting recoveries, since its a sexkick.

I'd say its easily one of her best moves.

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
Well, the ledge with Jiggs is more of a rock-paper-scissors game than usual. If you're right at the ledge, you can:
- Cover neutral getup with nair, but you get hit with getup attack and getup roll might evade it (although nair can chase backwards)
- Cover getup attack with shield/dodge and Rest, but neutral getup lets them act fast enough and getup roll can evade it (although rolling is easier to hit on reaction)
- Cover getup roll with aerials, dash attack behind you, or read it and Rest, but it lets them getup attack and neutral getup (although nair, again, can cover neutral)

Meanwhile if you stand at getup roll distance they'll often neutral getup or attack, but then you can lunge forward and hit them with a lasting hitbox or grab (which itself needs mixups for the shield/attack decision), or lunge forward and shield a get-away-from-me getup attack for the Rest.

It gets very silly because it quickly turns into mindgames with an aware player.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Well, the ledge with Jiggs is more of a rock-paper-scissors game than usual. If you're right at the ledge, you can:
- Cover neutral getup with nair, but you get hit with getup attack and getup roll might evade it (although nair can chase backwards)
- Cover getup attack with shield/dodge and Rest, but neutral getup lets them act fast enough and getup roll can evade it (although rolling is easier to hit on reaction)
- Cover getup roll with aerials, dash attack behind you, or read it and Rest, but it lets them getup attack and neutral getup (although nair, again, can cover neutral)

Meanwhile if you stand at getup roll distance they'll often neutral getup or attack, but then you can lunge forward and hit them with a lasting hitbox or grab (which itself needs mixups for the shield/attack decision), or lunge forward and shield a get-away-from-me getup attack for the Rest.

It gets very silly because it quickly turns into mindgames with an aware player.
I just nair and move back as I nair if they roll XP

You gotta be in a good position to do that tho.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I love Nair. It's such a good move. It should be your go-to out of shield option. It catches rolls quite easily, although down air does that and deals more damage. Probably the best thing about it is that it KOs at relatively low percents. If you see someone with an easily gimpable recovery who's offstage, jump off, and fast-fall a neutral air. Close your eyes for the oncoming salt wave.
It's what I like to call a brick wall move. Quick to come out and stays out for a long time. You can definitely do retreating Nair if you want. Just try not to stale it though, just remember you have Forward air.

Last edited:

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973

Honestly, I've found that it covers all ledge options pretty well if you're right above the ledge, barring the getup roll of course. I use the Dair to cover that, generally.

Top Bottom