• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nair->Usmash Setup Death% Chart

crisspy727

Smash Apprentice
Well Ace explained the set up better than me and he also has more credibility so I'll post his video for better understanding.

The point of the chart is the show how early you could start the kill setup with Deep breathing and without it so you could measure their death %.

Also after learning more about the game I've have added a new category which is for people who are are trying to DI for maximum survival which is either holding left or right depending which way your Nair has launched them.
Some character has more an success rate due to how fast they fall and their air mobility to DI also characters with high air mobility you or smaller hitbox you might have to perform an Jdc Usmash.

The best way to either confirm these kills would be either yo perform a retreating Nair or or SH in the same location for their whiffed grab. But the retreating Nair would make it all easier since they are positioned to your liking.

Warning:This was all performed on Final Destination so the best stage to snag an earlier kill would be Town and City.
I

Nair->Upsmash Setup Death%
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wTnvZNwr-pqor06jdoxdEwEu3WALpynowXnEmK6Vggw/htmlview

This set up can not be performed on characters shown below -
:4jigglypuff:-Jigglypuff
:4luigi:-Luigi
:4ness:-Ness
:4samus:-Samus
:4shulk:-(Smash Form) Shulk
:4wiifitm:-Wii Fit Trainer
This set up can not be performed on characters shown below unless Deep breathing is active-
:4jigglypuff:-Jigglypuff
:4shulk:-(Smash Form) Shulk
:4wiifitm:-Wii Fit Trainer

Also one last note I know people might know that Deep Breathing causes more hitting so for some characters at higher percentage you might have to delay the Usmash to confirm the hit or let them drop just a little. Oh yeah and I really didn't want to get into rage mode since it was a lot more to consider but out of trying it a little my guesstimate is that at 50% rage kills are 5% earlier but at 100% rage it just becomes harder to perform.

Last edited:

xx99

Smash Cadet
NNID
RagingCactus
3DS FC
3480-2539-5913
I see you're basically fast-falling and throwing out n-air at the same time. Which comes first? As far as I can tell, n-air starts a split-second earlier, but I could totally be wrong. Maybe it doesn't matter as long as they're only a couple frames apart.

crisspy727

Smash Apprentice
I guess to be exact you must be at the peak and wait a quick second and press A and fast fall afterwards.

crisspy727

Smash Apprentice
Well i actually wanted to avoid the whole rage factor because N-air would launch them too high that can't follow up but this is a fresh Usmash since you wouldn't be using it that much in the first place.

tofumon

Smash Rookie
I watched the rest of your YouTube videos, super helpful stuff! Thanks for the helpful post and setup videos.

crisspy727

Smash Apprentice
I watched the rest of your YouTube videos, super helpful stuff! Thanks for the helpful post and setup videos.
No problem i just really want more people to pick her up and understand that she has great killing potential for such a mobile character.

koolkid789

Smash Rookie
NNID
007Funk
Thank you, I really appreciate all the work you're doing! Quick question: how does one hit nair reliably? The hit box is so small that I seem to only manage to hit it after a read or while my opponents in the air.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
great stuff, I'll include this in my next WFT Exercise! ;-)

crisspy727

Smash Apprentice
Sadly koolkid you just blew up the problem about this set up. You just gotta practice the maximum length of her feet.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Fantastic work Crisspy. Here's some small addendums from me:

• Her head also contains the soft nair hit box meaning you can go in from the front or reversed like many of her other moves.
  • Your spacing doesn't have to be as good if your timing is, as you can FF a nair and have it cancel the second hit.
  • These are true combos, meaning they are guaranteed, but you can charge them for a few frames and get it to link.
  • Usmash has a sweetspot on the very tip and you can use your dash to aim for the bodypart of the character that is the highest landing a sweetspot.

I'm also pretty sure the setup works on everyone deep breathing or no and is more dependent on your ability to get there before they break out of hitstun, making the legs ideal in some cases and the head in others.

crisspy727

Smash Apprentice
Fantastic work Crisspy. Here's some small addendums from me:

• Her head also contains the soft nair hit box meaning you can go in from the front or reversed like many of her other moves.
  • Your spacing doesn't have to be as good if your timing is, as you can FF a nair and have it cancel the second hit.
  • These are true combos, meaning they are guaranteed, but you can charge them for a few frames and get it to link.
  • Usmash has a sweetspot on the very tip and you can use your dash to aim for the bodypart of the character that is the highest landing a sweetspot.

I'm also pretty sure the setup works on everyone deep breathing or no and is more dependent on your ability to get there before they break out of hitstun, making the legs ideal in some cases and the head in others.
That sounds great dude I'll add those few notation when i get the chance.
i'm trying to get this down lol do you need tap jump on for this?
No tap jump required all you need to do is a short hop and at the peak of it's jump press A and FF so you could land the first hit.

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
Question: is Nair safe enough to use as a combo setup when the opponent up smashes?

Eventually in a match, they'll notice you short hopping towards them and try it. Will Nair have priority?

crisspy727

Smash Apprentice
Question: is Nair safe enough to use as a combo setup when the opponent up smashes?

Eventually in a match, they'll notice you short hopping towards them and try it. Will Nair have priority?
Yeah that is a problem which is why recommend you learning the timing of a FF Nair out of a Dbl jump.

crisspy727

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys I updated the list also I added a bit more information for a better understanding I hope it could help.

Top Bottom