• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

nair spike?

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
how come sometimes, if you nair someone, it basically spikes, i've been told it depends on the last spot they're at in your nair, that determines where they go, but this was like a dsmash by a falco, he just dropped, no chance of recovering, he was a marth at the time....

quak

Smash Champion
never seen it pitch people like a true spike, but it can be used as a psuedo spike or level spike if you're really aggresive on recovering opponents

Tongji

Smash Journeyman
you can spike with nair, all you have to do is trap the opponent inbetween the ledge and yourself, let a nair go and they will bounce off the wall. The only problem with this is an opponent who is expecting this and will wall teck and come flying in your face. however it definatly is a usefull teck, i have used it to great effect at times.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
it wasn't against the wall, but it was like seriously, he just flew down and curved straight down pretty fast, he didn't stop tumbling until he had no chance of recovery, it was weird, otherwise i wouldn't have even brought it up, but i heard someway say something like ur own DI could influence the way they fly out, so i figured maybe i DI'd a special way that sent him out like a spike?? idk...

quak

Smash Champion
they way you DI durring the attack only influences which of the two directions (left or right) your opponent will fly out from. You can't spike em with this attack without the help of your friends bad DI.

Top Bottom