• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nair into anything

KLUTZNCUTZ

Smash Rookie
While playing around with R.O.B. against my brother I learned that a short hop Nair from R.O.B. can combo into an up tilt and a grab and if they air dodge after you land any of his aerials. It doesn't stop there though The later part of R.O.B.'s Nair works as an incredible mix up tool as I have landed every single one of his grounded attacks after landing it. Is there anything this move can't do? Oh it kills? Best move ever.

Last edited:

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
I believe it links into almost every aerial, including up-air.
You should test it to see if it doesn't work on specific characters.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
does not link into bair. my favorite aerial initiator that links into stuff is a landing uair > fair, grab, jab, dsmash, etc

PUK

Smash Ace
NNID
Simlock92
3DS FC
4141-4118-5477
I like rar nair, you can take advantage of the few less start up frame.

KLUTZNCUTZ

Smash Rookie
I just checked you can follow up with almost any move back air being an exception but even then if they air dodge into ground they're screwed.

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
@ Crome Crome I actually managed to string up-smashes at low percents, but only after up-tilts.

I need to work on my nair skills. I Have yet to follow up after landing one. Are there any real techniques for following up a nair? Or is it simple, and I just haven't been practicing?

Last edited:

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
@ Crome Crome I actually managed to string up-smashes at low percents, but only after up-tilts.

I need to work on my nair skills. I Have yet to follow up after landing one. Are there any real techniques for following up a nair? Or is it simple, and I just haven't been practicing?
Who ever you were playing was probably really bad then. U smash is a good kill move, I wouldn't use it that often at early percents.

Nair leads into a lot. It just depends on the other character. How they DI, %, and weight, etc. I usually go with Nair into fair into fair

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
Who ever you were playing was probably really bad then. U smash is a good kill move, I wouldn't use it that often at early percents.
Yeah, I was playing a little-mac of FG... Of course, I've found that the hitbox on that move is surprisingly tall, so I found I could swat people out of the air with it. But yeah, a good player wouldn't let that happen.

As for the Nair, I guess I will have to experiment with it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom