• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nair Footstool combo

DariusM27

Smash Ace
Here's the Nair to Footstool ko combo.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CW5NtjmzBzk

The footstool is un-tech-able.

The Dair stage spike is un-tech-able if it connects while the opponent is on his back on the stage.

The Uair is a true combo. Tipper Bair might also work.

I think the Dair might come out soon enough already, but you could do an air danceblade1 after the footstool to cancel the jump and begin the Dair stage spike sooner.

Just trying to offer something that might be of help. Take it or leave it, whatever :)

GeflGabe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeflGabe
3DS FC
4141-7244-4594
Switch FC
SW-7469-5871-5880
The problem for me will probably be landing the Dair spike. Well thanks for the combo info. I'll be sure to consider this option in my future battles.

DariusM27

Smash Ace
The problem for me will probably be landing the Dair spike. Well thanks for the combo info. I'll be sure to consider this option in my future battles.
I think this will fix that problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVLjDqlLdlQ

"Nair footstool combo 2.0"

The best way to set this up is with either a Short hop air dodge to nair 1 - OR - a Nair1 fastfall.

A Dancing blade1 to nair 1 might even work as a setup!

So basically, after the footstool, you just do an input similar to a rising sh fair, but instead it's a sh db 1. Once you do that, the dair spike is gaurenteed and automatic, just input the dair and BINGO.

Make sure not to fastfall the dair. As I said, if you do the Sh Db1 after the footstool, then the Dair should land at the exact frame needed to land the spike!

Woot woot.

Last edited:

Sir Lancelot

Smash Cadet
Also, I believe I came up with a similar combo that works at lower percents - nair > footstool > DB 1 > tipper dair lock > (repeat if possible) > falling up air > fsmash.
This one works around lower percents, where tipper dair jab locks the opponent.

DariusM27

Smash Ace
Yeah, I've seen that one, probably from you.

I so wish Marth had even more jab locks. My kingdom for a jab lock.

But a footstool to certain ko situation isn't too bad.

Litany

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Brushfire11
Switch FC
SW-6201-5293-0444
F-Tilt and Neutral-B work too, but at such low percents that it doesn't really matter.

Top Bottom