• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NA Brawl on NA wiikey'd Wii

8bit.Trotz

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, before anyone goes on yelling pirate, i have a wiikey for the sole intention of playing big releases early, and actually buy the games once they hit our shelves. Which leads me to my problem.

I have a NA wii, with a wiikey. I was about to go pick up my official copy, when i got a call from a buddy saying taht the official NA brawl doesn't work on our modded wii's. i have the japanese version, but am looking to pick up the local one ASAP.

anyone with a wiikey or with knoledge about this know if they're currently working on a patch?
thanks alot.

Jewbacabra

Smash Cadet
I have the same problem, i picked up the game, excitedly popped it in and to my surprise it didn't work.

On another note -- i restarted my wii twice, and reset the wiikey config and it DID INFACT RUN -- but i returned to the wii menu to change wi-fi settings, and after that it didn't work again :[.

I have absolutely no idea how that happened but at this point you cannot run it (unless i figure out what i did)

Mind you, i don't intend to give false hope lol (so stick to *** for now :[)

EON_MagicMan

Smash Cadet
Yarrrghhh! Ye first have to dip the Wii in a barrel 'o' grog! Then have ye first mate pluck all the barnacles off the disc! Make sure there be no seagull gunk on it either! Then avast! Ye will be playin' and brawlin'!

mr_prince

Smash Rookie
unfortunately people this is true to all you guys that have a wiikey you cant play the original but!!! you can play the copied version of the us version so you can still buy the original and play the copie and never use the original so it will always be new yay !!!

Top Bottom