• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

N64 models? And bringing back the fourth wall breaks.

DarkFlame

Smash Apprentice
Well, I severely doubt you'd be able to pull this off, but my friend and I were wondering if it would be possible to put the N64 models for those 12 characters into Project M. I do know that if it is at all possible, it would be very hard to do to match the polygon models to the moves that we see in Project M.

Of course, we also always liked it when characters would sometimes hit the screen when they get KO'd off the top of the screen, and don't know why it was removed for at least the demo.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
You could always go to brawlvault and download the N64 models yourself.

Blitzkrieg98

Smash Apprentice
As for Screen KO's being removed: That was due to the vast time differences between the Screen KO and Star KO. Star KO's take longer than Screen KO's and the fact that getting either one of them is random and isn't capable of being controlled by factors such as damage also contributes to their removal.

Imagine this hypothetical scenario: It's a 1v1 and both players are on their last stock. Both characters reach the top of the screen and reach the boundary at the exact same time. One player gets Star KO'd and the other gets Screen KO'd. The person who was Screen KO'd loses because he lost his last stock first and couldn't do a thing about it.

Vashimus

Smash Master
The PMBR would love to have screen KOs back if they could make them last as long as Star KOs.

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
Actually if Screen KOs came back I imagine they would be like SSB64-ish Though I don't know if it also had death/time differences. Coding that... well PMBR have wizards...

Kati

Smash Lord
Yeah iirc in 64, no one "bounced" on the screen. They just plummeted. I think implementing it would just involve replacing the screen ko animation with the regular tumble one, yeah, the coding and the rest would be difficult.

DarkFlame

Smash Apprentice
As for Screen KO's being removed: That was due to the vast time differences between the Screen KO and Star KO. Star KO's take longer than Screen KO's and the fact that getting either one of them is random and isn't capable of being controlled by factors such as damage also contributes to their removal.

Imagine this hypothetical scenario: It's a 1v1 and both players are on their last stock. Both characters reach the top of the screen and reach the boundary at the exact same time. One player gets Star KO'd and the other gets Screen KO'd. The person who was Screen KO'd loses because he lost his last stock first and couldn't do a thing about it.
Well, I wonder if we could find a way to speed up the Star process, that way, if that does happen, well, it wouldn't be so unfair.

D

Deleted member

As much as I love screen K.O.s, I think they should stay removed for the sake of competition. They can be a little disruptive to a match's momentum.
Imagine you are playing as someone like Ness in a 2v2 teams match and you are off stage recovering.
As you recover a Bowser get's screen K.O.'d and you mess up your PK Thunder. (Take this example with a grain of salt. 99% of the time this wouldn't happen, but it still could.)

Really the only thing wrong with Screen K.O.s is some people might find them a bit distracting, other than the timing factor outlined by others above.

DarkFlame

Smash Apprentice
As much as I love screen K.O.s, I think they should stay removed for the sake of competition. They can be a little disruptive to a match's momentum.
Imagine you are playing as someone like Ness in a 2v2 teams match and you are off stage recovering.
As you recover a Bowser get's screen K.O.'d and you mess up your PK Thunder. (Take this example with a grain of salt. 99% of the time this wouldn't happen, but it still could.)

Really the only thing wrong with Screen K.O.s is some people might find them a bit distracting, other than the timing factor outlined by others above.
Hey, maybe they could add a function to where we could toggle if you want Star and Screen KO's, just Stars or Screens, or neither.

Top Bottom