• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

N64 controller USB port making guide?

holy_pyro

Smash Cadet
anyone know of any websites that have N64 controller USB port guides? I some what have a basic idea (which would involve breaking my N64 apart to steal a controller port). And a friend of mine said I would need to program some stuff into the USB or the controller, is this true?

N64 to USB Converters I've seen that can be bought but i dont feel like ordering them online, i just wanna know how one would go about making it :)

Liku

Smash Journeyman
You'd have to learn how to solder, and have some knowledge in electronics; circuits and such.

Anyway, I remember finding a guide once about it while searching for a USB connector, so I'll try and look it up for you.

holy_pyro

Smash Cadet
i know how to solder, and I know V=IR. only problem is going to be programming the drivers and finding good prices on parts

Top Bottom