• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

N.F.B 3 Tourney Results

Runicwings

Smash Apprentice
Well the first result for this tourney was IT SUCKED!!!! Barely anyone showed so
it was cut short, still mad fun though for the people who came.

Here are the results

Brawl Doubles

1st) Dazwa and Darc " Now Dazwa I'm Darcin about." [MK + Falco]
2nd) OBM and OWM " The Mages" [G&W + R.O.B]
3rd) Moon-Doggie and Nana "Space Animals!?!?" [Fox + Falco]
4th) Icy Light And Fum "Dream Police" [Oli + Wario]
5th) Kevin and ace " ???" [??]
5th) Beans and Bellz "B & B " [Lucario + G&W]
7th) Jessie and Phil "Super Cort Brothers" [??]

Brawl Singles!!

1st) Darc [Marth]
2nd) Dazwa [ZSS]
3rd) OBM [G&W]
4th) Moon-Doggie [Fox]
5th) Kevin [Marth]
5th) OWM [R.O.B]
7th) Jessie [??]
7th) Nana [Falco]
9th) Ace [Diddy]
9th) Jared [??]
9th) Voidious [Pit]
9th) Emmy [Lucario]
13th) Ref [Ness]
13th) Gina [Lucario]
13th) Phil [??]
13th) Bellz [G&W]

As for shoutouts I will post later enjoy.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Jessie played Pit...

::ke sigh::

Not that it matters but I actually went DK/Diddy/Sonic... not that it helped.

I'm so incredibly let down in myself...

Runicwings

Smash Apprentice
Jessie played Pit...

::ke sigh::

Not that it matters but I actually went DK/Diddy/Sonic... not that it helped.

Thanks, and while im here SHOUT OUTS!!!!

Starters

Darc : Never versed you but I would like to sometime in the future.

Dazwa : SCARY ZSS srsly I didnt see that wooping coming, I definitley want to play you
some more, when im not surprised into a two stock xD.

OBM : FINALLY I fought you, and, You owned me good, I finally found my bad matchup
and its G&W, Your moves just went through mines -_______- it was traumatizing.

Kevin: Didnt play you much but those C falc friendlies were AWESOME.

OWM : That R.O.B gets better every time, and your ledge tactics are too goooood.
I think its near impossible to ledge guard your R.O.B

Jessie and Phil : Lunatics I swear, Corn dance is the best.

Ace : This guys the legen, really cool, mad props to helping our newb a**es with the toureny
Good diddy, if you need more fox practice Just PM me >____0

Voidious : A fellow pit user, glad to see some variation, good stuff though close fights with my fox.

Ref : Wow, first ness I have seen, first decent one at that reall good stuff hope to see your
Ness at some other tourneys. Dude is real fun to fight.

Thats it for now,............. I think............ UH NOPE

Louis : What else can I say? The guy has my name. God tier >___0

MT : Must have taken forever to get here, but at least I got my revenge from long ago. the 9th esticle was it?

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I know how you feel. Well I guess I'll post some shout outs....

Moon-Doggie : It was fun playing friendlies against you. Lots of close matches. Your fox and Luigi are both really good.

Omega White Mage : It was nice playing you in melee for the 1 or 2 rounds we had.

Kevin : It was fun playing against you as usual, good job.

Ace : We didn't really play but it was nice talking to you.

Omega Black Mage : Good friendly matches. Your Game & Watch is really really good.

Voidious : It was fun playing against you in friendlies.

Jessie : If we ever play again, this time please don't yell things like Nessguy, and start doing that weird dance. It distracts me horribly... The corn dance is cool but not during the matches...

I think that's all...

I wonder why so many people didn't show up...

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Yea, not a lot of people showed up. But it was fun anyway. Shoutouts:

Ace - Thanks for teaming with me. We didn't do THAT bad. You need to work on dodging Pit's arrow spam. I know how you feel though, it is annoying.

OBM - Great G&W. Finally got a chance to play you too. First time fighting a good G&W. Next time I'll do better.

OWM - Funny Melee fights.

Dazwa - Crazy freaking ZSS. Hard time trying to dodge it all.

M-D - Yea, definitely awesome CF fights. They're the best dittos...ever.

Ref - Great friendlies once again. Random fights are always hilarious.

Jessie - You have an EXTREMELY annoying fighting style...although your constantly distracting comments are actually pretty amusing.

Jared - Was a fun fight, anyway.

Belz - Fun fights. Lylat ftw?

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Could have swore I posted in here already.

Re Runic:
Heh. I've never actually run a tourney, I helped out alot at the last Reaper's but never run. I didn't mind though, it was awhile before my first match because of some of the issues, and the mages helped me seed some, since I'm still new and the Mages are old hat.

Oh and Fox practice, that would actually be much appreciated... you play anyone other than Fox and Weegee?

Kevin:
I don't even want to talk about it. I've beaten Pit's like that before, Easily. Hell the first NFB was the first pit I played and it was the exact same style and I tooled him once I stopped being an idiot. I just... I don't even know. I'm incredibly pissed at myself and have been all day. It was ludicrous for that match to have played out that way... it really was. I had so many more options and I just didn't utilize any of them. A few things went wrong, the match swung out of my favour and I just could not collect myself at all...

It was embarassing to be honest... but whatever. I'll just have to never let that happen again.

And yeah, teams wasn't bad at all. I'm sure if we get the chance to team more in the future we can get pretty **** good. Need to get a feel for your team mates and stuff from what I've seen.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I actually entered melee but it was canceled due to too little people. Only 17 people showed up and it seems only about 4 actually would have played melee. Melee friendlies were pretty good. I had no idea I could do half the things I did. Really though to tell you the truth all the matches in melee were who can SD the least....

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
I was at a stag party winning an 8gb ipod in a raffle and getting lap dances by strippers while YOU played video games. :)

Edit

I had no idea I could do half the things I did.
Yeah, thats the beauty of Melee. If you consistently played Melee and stopped playing that Brawl game you'd probably find yourself growing much more as a player. Melee is a constant learning process every single time you pick up the game. Basically, just see my sig.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Marth ftw...Decided to use Marth instead of Snake, somehow did better than usual. Probably will stick with Marth from now on, he doesn't get countered as easily as Snake. Oh, and if more people showed up then they probably would have done Melee singles. But nope, no one came for Melee.

Yeah, thats the beauty of Melee. If you consistently played Melee and stopped playing that Brawl game you'd probably find yourself growing much more as a player. Melee is a constant learning process every single time you pick up the game. Basically, just see my sig.
Do you ever stop whining about Brawl and just enjoy both games? Seriously.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I play all the smash games I will never just not play one because another I find better.
Oh I forgot to add that Smash 64 at the tourney was pretty fun. Even though the last time I played it I must have been like five years old... The speed of that game is just incredible. I wish I could play it on a Nintendo 64 controller like I used to though.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
I wish Melee happened I don't know why there were so few people, but it was still very fun.

I used Lucario, Marth and Falco though.

Louis-We're going for teams at RG4

Mercutio-Thanks for the help with calling names and such. We never got to do our MM. RG4?

Darc-Too good. Good to meet you.

Dazwa-ZSS???!?!! Nuts dude. Nice playing you.

OWM-Good ****ing Game. I wish we had a video camera. That was some quick *** thinking.

Milktea-Good to meet you. We'll have to play more next tourney. Melee too.

Void-Good matches. Jungle Japes.

I hope to see everyone next friday. GG's.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Ya, cuz CT is the only place that holds tournies, and only CT matters. AWESOME LOGIC FOR THE WIN.

Voidious

Smash Apprentice
Good games, all, hopefully I'll keep improving and make a better showing next time. Shouts:

Runicwings - Nice meeting you and good matches. Your Fox is sweet, and I learned some good stuff even in that short Pit ditto. Thanks for hosting, I had a real good time. I think you need to teach other tourney hosts how to have so many females at their tourneys. :-P (Actually, most of them looked 10 years younger than me... but one step at at ime.) See you next time!

Nana - Nice meeting you too, and thanks for co-hosting. I felt sooo dirty going Jungle Japes / Meta Knight for a counterpick, but you do what you gotta do - I felt even dirtier when you got klap-trapped twice :-D, but you put me in my place game 3. Still probably not as frustrating as your game 1 loss vs OWM though... Good stuff, I'll see you around.

Ace - Good seeing you again. Keep workin' on that Diddy, it'd be cool if you were rocking both Kongs in tourneys. Way to step up and run the brackets, too, seems like you're always a "team player" like that.

Ref - Nice games in friendlies, your Ness is really nice!

OBM - Good seeing ya, I enjoyed the whoopings you gave me (going random, no less) in friendlies. It's always great practice to get whooped so hard. ;)

OWM - I still can't believe that edge hog / stage spike win against Nana. It would have been funnier if I didn't also feel so bad for Nana. You gonna post any of those pics you were taking, btw? I wouldn't mind seeing 'em.

Darc & Dazwa - Didn't really chat with you guys, but I greatly enjoyed watching your matches. You dudes are super chill and fricken awesome at Smash.

Bellz - I enjoyed our tourney games, keep working on that G&W.

Phil - Nice to see someone reppin' Ike. :) I'll be more careful with the Angel Ring against him from now on...

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
Ya, cuz CT is the only place that holds tournies, and only CT matters. AWESOME LOGIC FOR THE WIN.
You've lost your right to speak. Really, stop talking.

Considering that a good 80% of the tournaments that we attend are in our state I would say that would personally effect YOU as well. No one in CT is going to care about a tourney in Florida, Arizona, or Nebraska now are we? No. All that matter is what we are playing HERE not what other people are doing. The same could be said about anything....who cares what gas prices are in Texas because were paying CT prices. Or who cares what a lady got on her tuna sandwhich....you're not eating it.

If Brawl tournaments begin to decrease in CT....YOU will not be playing the game competitively as much due to the people around you and the amount of interest they show. And if they are beginning to decrease in CT you can bet your *** they probably are in other places. Some states may be doing well but im sure a majority of them will show a decrease in entrants.

Seriously, do not ever call me out like that ever again.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Yea, I see. You know, people from other states come to CT tournies and vice versa. But yea, keep thinking like that. Sure, wouldn't go to Texas for a tourny (lmao@that as an example), but nothing wrong with going to MA/NY/etc if I had to, considering CT isn't the best place to go for Brawl tournies in the FIRST place. How many Melee tournies does CT have compared to Brawl? You hosted like...one. I would say Melee in CT is dead compared to Brawl. Try to argue otherwise.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
Melee is not "dead" but Melee is not the "game to play" by any means and I simply cannot deny that. The ONLY reason Brawl is being played now is because it is fresh, new, and everyon else is playing it. There are plenty of smashers out there who would much rather play melee but are not because they simply are accepting the fact that Brawl is the new thing to play.

To put it simply-its like when Halo III came out...Everyone likes Halo II better but people play whats new, fresh, etc or whatever because everyone else is playing it and its more involved. Its like buying a copy of madden 08 when madden 09 is out and theres 200 more people online....yeah...maybe madden 08 is better but no one is playing it anymore.

Brawl was made the way it was for one reason

1-To make money and be a BIG SELLER (and how do you make a successful game on the Wii?) Simple, you make it user friendly...easy to play...etc. Thats exactly what Brawl is. Anyway...IM me at yourstillxwithme if you want to rebuttle.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Wow...

If I have to read yet another ****ing Melee vs. Brawl debate I think I'm might start considering mass beatings.

I mean honestly, we get it. People like Melee and don't like Brawl. I don't think anyone has you confused for a Brawl Loving Noob POF. You've always been cool when I've met you , but what's the point of constantly having to try and drive home the "I Hate Brawl" point. We got it.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Melee is not "dead" but Melee is not the "game to play" by any means and I simply cannot deny that. The ONLY reason Brawl is being played now is because it is fresh, new, and everyon else is playing it. There are plenty of smashers out there who would much rather play melee but are not because they simply are accepting the fact that Brawl is the new thing to play.

To put it simply-its like when Halo III came out...Everyone likes Halo II better but people play whats new, fresh, etc or whatever because everyone else is playing it and its more involved. Its like buying a copy of madden 08 when madden 09 is out and theres 200 more people online....yeah...maybe madden 08 is better but no one is playing it anymore.

Brawl was made the way it was for one reason

1-To make money and be a BIG SELLER (and how do you make a successful game on the Wii?) Simple, you make it user friendly...easy to play...etc. Thats exactly what Brawl is. Anyway...IM me at yourstillxwithme if you want to rebuttle.
Garrett I really can't take your childish rants anymore. Don't spam our threads with your pointless bashing anymore on any tourney thread or anything either of us post I don't care about your mindless opinions neither does anyone else. Brawl hasn't been around long enough to die. This tourney's attendance was a letdown sometimes things happens and there were multiple other tournies happening on this date. Keep in mind this was a Melee tourney as well which was advertised WAY more than the Brawl portion of it.

Think before you post with your ******* facade.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
Garrett I really can't take your childish rants anymore. Don't spam our threads with your pointless bashing anymore on any tourney thread or anything either of us post I don't care about your mindless opinions neither does anyone else.
Think before you post with your ******* facade.
This is coming from the same person who made the Prince of Frost user name and spammed the CT Thread with useless crap. I wish I had as much free time as you do.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
This is coming from the same person who made the Prince of Frost user name and spammed the CT Thread with useless crap. I wish I had as much free time as you do.
That's garbage. That wasn't me and you know it. I work everyday you think I have free time to do that or post rants daily?

You aren't stupid actually you just post unnecessarily.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
You're so stupid. That wasn't me and you know it. I work everyday you think I have free time to do that or post rants daily?

Yeah, you're right......

Lol @ G wash thing that's great.

So did someone here report me for spamming as Prince of Frost? I got an infraction for pofrost haha. Mad gay.

V- I don't have RE4 for Wii but I have it for PS2. You can just have it if you want it though I already beat it a bunch of times.
:) Dont play dumb with me.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, you're right......

:) Dont play dumb with me.
That's because he ran an IP check and it came up as a match because the kid has logged in on my computer. You've met him he's a young, small kid that went to RG1 he rocks lol. A match also came up for _TECH_ which is also his but he only used it once just like he only used Frost a few times. I wouldn't go out of my way to do something like that and I think you know it :0P

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Fun time...GG Nana lol. That was too funny.

Forgot to do MM's, oh well.

Whoever the kids with the corn were...I pray to god you all die in a fire.

Top Bottom