• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

N-air from hanging on ledge back to platform

cdb813

Smash Rookie
Iv been trying to find a good tutorial on how to do it . anybody have a link to one?

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
Iv been trying to find a good tutorial on how to do it . anybody have a link to one?
What do you mean back to platform?
EDIT: Oops, I see what you meant, my page was behind.

Last edited:

The Young Izzy Iz

Smash Apprentice
Drop from the ledge, immediately jump forwards or neutrally and immediately nair, hold forwards to drift onstage, land and L-cancel.

If you can't do it then you're probably falling too low before you jump.
This. You have to be really quick on the A-button if you want to get the nair out in time. Generally it's easier to just mash the stick towards the stage after dropping and Fair.

cdb813

Smash Rookie
I'm able to Fair back on to the platform just fine but I keep trying to Nair back on and I just can't seem to do it. I know its a little unnecessary but I also see the pro Marths doing it and it looks really cool when its pulled off right but never see many "how tos" explaining it

Last edited:

DeadPigeon

Smash Apprentice
I'm able to Fair back on to the platform just fine but I keep trying to Nair back on and I just can't seem to do it. I know its a little unnecessary but I also see the pro Marths doing it and it looks really cool when its pulled off right but never see many "how tos" explaining it
The easiest way to edge hop nair imho:
c/ontrol stick away from ledge
full forward (towards ledge) analogue jump
return control stick to neutral
press a

Try not to use aerial drift at all, it will make it easier for the nair to come out. Once you get the hang of it, then you can try to mix up your drift.
If you still can't get it, practice the above without nairing. Mix up your jump to see how far forward or back you can jump. Remember to still return your control stick to neutral immediately after jump.

cdb813

Smash Rookie
Thanx I was able to finally do it today but only once. Its gonna take some pratice before I can get it to work on demand tho

Top Bottom