• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mysterious $4,000 Donation?

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
A mysterious donator decided to push Melee into the front of the Breast Cancer Research EVO event by donating a whopping $4,000 to the account.

This puts Melee ahead by a small margin compared to Skullgirls.

However, several of Melee's top community members who are preparing to drop their own large donations are unaware of whom the culprit could be.

Rumor has it...

Regardless, with Melee having the potential to have sudden unknown jumps of donations of such large amounts it will be exciting to see the end result when the entire community finally releases their final contributions.

Join in with the discussion in the Breast Cancer Research Drive forum!

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
People need to also realize that this could show Nintendo that we want SSB4 to not trip up (pun very intended) like Brawl has. I hope if Melee does win that y'all message Nintendo how much money was earned and that we want something like Melee without things like random tripping and broken mechanics. If we can contribute this much money for a Smash game... Well... Nintendo should recognize the potential of hardcore Smash players.

Edit: If you do tell Nintendo I'd wait until the tournament was over... to prevent any silly legal meddling.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
People need to also realize that this could show Nintendo that we want SSB4 to not trip up (pun very intended) like Brawl has. I hope if Melee does win that y'all message Nintendo how much money was earned and that we want something like Melee without things like random tripping and broken mechanics. If we can contribute this much money for a Smash game... Well... Nintendo should recognize the potential of hardcore Smash players.
Not that many of us Melee players see anything WRONG with Brawl. All Smasher donations are appreciated!

Osennecho

Smash Ace
I'm sure you could have worded that response better so as to not call out almost half the smash community (who are very kind to support melee getting into evo) by saying their game is horrible. Now tripping? Yes, I'm sure a very large number of brawl players would like that removed, but brawl is also very competitive in its own way.

Pimpfish

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure you could have worded that response better so as to not call out almost half the smash community (who are very kind to support melee getting into evo) by saying their game is horrible. Now tripping? Yes, I'm sure a very large number of brawl players would like that removed, but brawl is also very competitive in its own way.
input lag, nuff said

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
I've never played Melee competitively, but I was a semi-pro Brawl player at my peak. I absolutely love Brawl, but we cannot ignore the reasons why Melee is far more popular than Brawl at this point... and if we do not want Nintendo to trip us up again (pun very intended), I'd suggest showing Nintendo how much this event has raised.

We could just hope that Nintendo notices, but is that really enough?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I've never played Melee competitively, but I was a semi-pro Brawl player at my peak. I absolutely love Brawl, but we cannot ignore the reasons why Melee is far more popular than Brawl at this point... and if we do not want Nintendo to trip us up again (pun very intended), I'd suggest showing Nintendo how much this event has raised.

We could just hope that Nintendo notices, but is that really enough?
Melee is not far more popular than Brawl. At a casual level Brawl is a lot more popular simply because it is the newer game. At a competitive level Brawl gets slightly bigger numbers than Melee.

I will say that Melee is a better game competitively. Having Melee win the donation can help Nintendo realize just how much we want Smash 4 to be competitive. Hopefully.

Top Bottom