• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My's Now and Then Character List

MySmash

Smash Cadet
Hey, everybody! I was looking over the list I made wayyyy when before even Sonic was confirmed and edited into a new one. However, instead of just posting the new one, I thought it would be interesting to see the comparisons of the two list. Some thoughts would be great...if I get any responses.

Then:

Mario Series

1) Mario: Confirmed

2) Luigi: A veteran from the last two games, Mario's older brother has to be in Brawl.

3) Peach: Confirmed

4) Bowser: Confirmed

5) Bowser Jr: I personally am not a fan of this character in the slightest, however given his recent appearences in games and cameo in Galaxy...he has a pretty good chance.

Zelda Series

1) Link: Confirmed

2) Zelda: Confirmed

3) Ganondorf: Now that the developers have more time to work on the game, the King of Evil should have an updated ToP look and a new set of moves!

4) Young Link/ WW Link: I think changing YL to his cel-shaded counterpart would be an incredible move considering the new moveset they could give him.

* I think Sheik has been cut

Pokemon Series

1) Pikachu: Confirmed

2) Pokemon Trainer: Confirmed

3) Jigglypuff: Smash veteran that has a unique moveset. Keep her in.

4) Mewtwo: Another Smash veteran who I believe deserves another chance. With the possibly of an amazing moveset, I am excited about this one.
Starfox Series

1) Fox: Confirmed

2) Falco: I think he will be a Luigi-type clone of Fox. Just a thought.

3) Krystal: Eh, not crazy about this one, but given her popularity and the combination of another female rep and a unique moveset...she has a very high chance.

Kirby Series

1) Kirby: Confirmed

2) Meta-Knight: Confirmed

3) King Dedede: Simply awesome character.

Donkey Kong Series

1) Donkey Kong: Confirmed

2) Diddy Kong: Confirmed

* I think K.K Rool will be a boss

Fire Emblem Series

1) Ike: Confirmed

2) Marth: I may be padding Marth a bit, considering he was my main, but being the face of FE gives him the edge over Roy.

3) Black Knight: The best FE series villian. If not playable, will most certainly be a boss.

Metroid Series

1) Samus/ZSS: Confirmed

2) Ridley: A unique challenge to design for Brawl, however given the immense popularity of Ridley all over the world, the need of another Metroid rep, and another villian...it would be hard NOT to put him in.

* I think Dark Samus will be a boss.

Mother Series

1) Lucas: Confirmed.

2) Claus: Wishful thinking. Another villian rep.

Other Series

1) Wario: Confirmed

2) Yoshi: Confirmed

3) Captain Falcon: A beloved Smash veteran. I don't think the captain is going anywhere.

4) Captain Olimar: Another challenge to design. However, Pikmin needs a rep and frankly there just isn't anyone better. VERY unique moveset.

5) Animal Crosser: Given the interview and the screenshots of Smashville, I would say AC is pretty much a given. Uses tools and stuff.

Retro Series

1) Pit: Confirmed (Awesome)

2) Ice-Climbers: Confirmed

3) MR G&W: I think he will be back. Probably the most unique character in Melee.

Third Party

1) Snake: Confirmed

2) Sonic: This depends on a lot of factors...but I think Sakurai knows how important this character is to a lot of people. Rabid fans everywhere!

3) Megaman: He is the BLUE BOMBER. ‘Nuff said.

NOW:

Mario Series

1) Mario: Confirmed

2) Luigi: A veteran from the last two games, Mario's older brother has to be in Brawl.

3) Peach: Confirmed

4) Bowser: Confirmed

5) Bowser Jr: I personally am not a fan of this character in the slightest, however given his recent appearences in games and cameo in Galaxy...he has a pretty good chance.

6) Geno: Doubtful...but there is a chance. Six reps is PUSHING it...

Zelda Series

1) Link: Confirmed

2) Zelda/Sheik: Confirmed

3) Ganondorf: Now that the developers have more time to work on the game, the King of Evil should have an updated ToP look and a new set of moves!

4) Young Link/ WW Link: I think changing YL to his cel-shaded counterpart would be an incredible move considering the new moveset they could give him.

Pokemon Series

1) Pikachu: Confirmed

2) Pokemon Trainer: Confirmed

3) Jigglypuff: Smash veteran that has a unique moveset. Keep her in.

4) Mewtwo: Another Smash veteran who I believe deserves another chance. With the possibly of an amazing moveset, I am excited about this one.

* I still don't think Lucario will be in

Starfox Series

1) Fox: Confirmed

2) Falco/Wolf: I think whomever will be a Luigi-type clone of Fox. Just a thought.

3) Krystal: Eh, not crazy about this one, but given her popularity and the combination of another female rep and a unique moveset...she has a very high chance.

Kirby Series

1) Kirby: Confirmed

2) Meta-Knight: Confirmed

3) King Dedede: CONFIRMED!

Donkey Kong Series

1) Donkey Kong: Confirmed

2) Diddy Kong: Confirmed

* I think K.K Rool will be a boss

Fire Emblem Series

1) Ike: Confirmed
2) 2nd FE character – the selection could go any way Sakurai wants it to…but I do think there will be someone besides Ike.
Metroid Series

1) Samus/ZSS: Confirmed

2) Ridley: A unique challenge to design for Brawl, however given the immense popularity of Ridley all over the world, the need of another Metroid rep, and another villian...it would be hard NOT to put him in.

* I think Dark Samus will be a boss.

Mother Series

1) Lucas: Confirmed.

2) Claus: Wishful thinking. Another villian rep.

Other Series

1) Wario: Confirmed

2) Yoshi: Confirmed

3) Captain Falcon: A beloved Smash veteran. I don't think the captain is going anywhere.

4) Captain Olimar: Confirmed!

5) Animal Crosser: I still stand by this. There is SO much AC stuff included into Brawl that it just seems SO likely that they have a character. This is the only fitting rep to me.

Issac: Ive played Golden Sun and I am a huge fan, and I was very doubtful of his chances of getting in, but now I think it just may happen.

Retro Series

1) Pit: Confirmed (Awesome)

2) Ice-Climbers: Confirmed

3) MR G&W: I think he will be back. Probably the most unique character in Melee.

Third Party

1) Snake: Confirmed

2) Sonic: This depends on a lot of factors...but I think Sakurai knows how important this character is to a lot of people. Rabid fans everywhere

* I know what Sakurai said...but I just think there won't be another third party character.

SO there it is...the then...and the now! Hope I get a little feedback! ^_^;

Timekeeper

Smash Cadet
FAIL!

LUIGI IS NOT MARIO'S OLDER BROTHER.

YOU DON'T KNOW NINTENDO'S MASCOTS AT ALL.

/THREAD

[/overreaction]

Top Bottom