• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

mYinsanity Signs Mustafa “Ice” Akcakaya!

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Another player European Melee player has been sponsored! Joining the ranks of eSports team mYinsanity is Mustafa “Ice” Akcakaya. A stellar German player he is sure to be an excellent addition to the team. From the official announcement:

---​

mYinsanity’s foray into the competitive Smash scene begins with Mustafa “Ice” Akcakaya, who is regarded as the best German player and previously as the best “Sheik” player in the world, before switching his main character to “Fox”.

Ice began playing competitive Smash in 2008, and in 2013 gained international acclaim as he placed 7th at EVO 2013. Ice is also listed at #17 in the top 25 Smash players of 2015 provided by “Melee It On Me“, a well respected bi-weekly podcast that discusses news and headlines within the Smash community.

Ice had this to say about joining the mYi family…

“I’m really happy to join mYi. I’m looking forward to representing the team to the best of my ability and I will make sure to improve a lot while doing so.”

Stefan “PengWin” Mott expressed his excitement on expanding into Smash and the signing of Ice…

“We’ve been big fans of Smash here at mYinsanity for a long time, and so we’ve been talking on and off about picking up a smasher to represent us. Finally, we’re able to welcome Ice to the family, and I’m thrilled that we’re making our step into the smash scene with him. It seemed only fitting that as a European team we’d look to one of Europe’s finest to lead the charge in this new venture, and I can’t think of anybody better to do so than Ice.”

Be sure to watch Ice debut for us at Dreamhack London, which is from Sept.19th-20th at the Copperbox Arena! He will also be competing at Dreamhack Winter where he will look to finish the year off strong and head into a very exciting 2016!

---​

Excited to see another player sponsored? Let us know in the comments below and stay tuned to Smashboards for future news coverage!

SmashCapps thinks it is amazing to see Ice getting sponsored and hopes this will let him attend more international events. To keep up with his own adventures be sure to follow him on Twitter.

Last edited:

Staticky

Smash Cadet
That's pretty awkward for TBH donation goal now that he is sponsored

Sp1nda

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
Ice deserves it! I'm still upset he switched his main to Fox, but you gotta do what you gotta do I guess.

Top Bottom