• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Young Link

Jash

Smash Lord
Sorry for the first reply you get not being relevant at all, but are you sure that second song is Saria's Song? I thought it was the Lost Woods Theme... or are they the same thing... Oo
...they are the same thing...-.-!

Um...i suggest getting a better camera, your camera is kinda skippy and blurry i cant really tell whats going on.

BioLogical Nun

Smash Rookie
I am fully capable of SHFFLing everytime however my YL is the character that uses it the least which is because I'm usually trying to pull of set ups with projectiles, I don't consider my non-projectile game to great other than connecting after set ups. I have started messing with more non-projectile game though. Thank you for your advice.

P.S. how is my projectile game?

Coaxial cable

Smash Apprentice
I agree with Chip. in that you use your boomerang where a bomb would be better.
It seems that you go to far out of your way to land a projectile hit, and it tends to slow you down or get you hit.

Nice job of covering your edge with bombs when recovering, that's important. Your bow is a very situational tool, remember. I think you're overusing it just a tad. Again, going out of your way to hit with a projectile when a normal attack would work just fine.

Your overall ground game is pretty good, but something about the way you play looks as though you're trying to be a Link from time to time, rather than the Young Link you are. Granted, Young Link and Link overlap in some places, but there's a definite distinction between where each character excells and falls short.

Try approaching with your nair a bit more, and remember that Young Link's boomerang is more delicate than Link's. More angles of deployment are available to him, and oblique angles cause the boomerang to bouce back on itself, so be careful when angling downwards from the ground.

Actually, it might not be a bad idea to get into the habit of short hopping before you throw a boomerang anyway. It makes you a bit more mobile and less of a target.

Hope this helps.

BioLogical Nun

Smash Rookie
Thank you Coaxial that helped much I have been using more SH approaches with boomerangs and bombs to pressure shields and land grabs or smash's on shield stun.

P.S. it's weird you say I do some Link looking stuff because my Link is terrible compared to my YL.

Top Bottom