• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My worst day smash EVER, and yours was...

xUnMarkedFattyx

Smash Rookie
Now I do not consider myself great at this game, honestly after 4000 online matches I only have a 60 win loss ratio, and that is average in my eyes. Well, I had 60 w/l record until today. This is the worst day I have ever played smash . No matter what I did, no matter who I played. I could not win a single best of 3 set. In fact some sets I lost by double stocks in both games. Worst yet even when I won a match it felt empty and pointless, I truly felt I had no skill today, and felt demoralized by the consent losses. I love this franchise more than any other games out their, and it is just so painful to go through this when you dedicate so much time and effort to the games.

Has anyone ever experienced this themselves it would feel comforting knowing I am not the only one to experience a bad day like this.

BurstPanther

Smash Apprentice
Still a better win loss % than me haha i think i'm at 40% i really to stop going for falcon/warlock punches off stage hahahahaha

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
Let me tell you a touching story. I always thought I was good at Smash Bros. One day, I met ADHD online on For Glory. I never recovered from that experience, I still have nightmares of the monster that is Diddy Kong but at least I Falcon Punched him.

Turrin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Turrin
3DS FC
4425-1919-5126
I got two stocked by a Marth that literally did nothing but roll backwards and F-smash. In that order, constantly. I had him completely figured out - yet still, he hit me every. Single. Time. I got two stocked. So ashamed.

BurstPanther

Smash Apprentice
I got two stocked by a Marth that literally did nothing but roll backwards and F-smash. In that order, constantly. I had him completely figured out - yet still, he hit me every. Single. Time. I got two stocked. So ashamed.
Story of my smash life haha

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
It's just one of those days man. I had an amzing run today, I won about 25 and lost only 3 times or so. I'm pretty happy with that. Tomorrow is another day though, so just dust yourself off and forget today. Sh*t happens.

Noso

Hilarious words
NNID
spiritenemy
Now I do not consider myself great at this game, honestly after 4000 online matches I only have a 60 win loss ratio, and that is average in my eyes. Well, I had 60 w/l record until today. This is the worst day I have ever played smash . No matter what I did, no matter who I played. I could not win a single best of 3 set. In fact some sets I lost by double stocks in both games. Worst yet even when I won a match it felt empty and pointless, I truly felt I had no skill today, and felt demoralized by the consent losses. I love this franchise more than any other games out their, and it is just so painful to go through this when you dedicate so much time and effort to the games.

Has anyone ever experienced this themselves it would feel comforting knowing I am not the only one to experience a bad day like this.
It happens man, I've had a few days like that where it felt that I couldn't do anything because it'd get stuffed or that all my worst MU just kept lining up. just gotta keep calm and take the bad with the good you know?

and to answer your final question, yeah I've had a few days like that, and it's discouraging as hell to see a 30% for last 10 knowing that if you had landed the last few hits on the last few matches it would have been different (oh, and don't get me started on Sudden death matches that I've had villagers hide under the platform while i get bombed.)

Let me tell you a touching story. I always thought I was good at Smash Bros. One day, I met ADHD online on For Glory. I never recovered from that experience, I still have nightmares of the monster that is Diddy Kong but at least I Falcon Punched him.
I thought it was hot stuff too until i met up with acestar who used little mac and destroyed me, I used to have little to no respect for little mac but that experience changed me.

Last edited by a moderator:

BurstPanther

Smash Apprentice
It happens man, I've had a few days like that where it felt that I couldn't do anything because it'd get stuffed or that all my worst MU just kept lining up. just gotta keep calm and take the bad with the good you know?

and to answer your final question, yeah I've had a few days like that, and it's discouraging as hell to see a 30% for last 10 knowing that if you had landed the last few hits on the last few matches it would have been different (oh, and don't get me started on Sudden death matches that I've had villagers hide under the platform while i get bombed.)

I thought it was hot stuff too until i met up with acestar who used little mac and destroyed me, I used to have little to no respect for little mac but that experience changed me.
Man I can't buy a win against any ones little mac as of late. He's just too fast and has no lag. Can't even get a hit in! Lol

Kodachi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GhOsT-KoDa
Don't feel bad unmarked, maybe the person you played has just put in more games than you. I only play 2 hours a night ave and have 4000 matches in already too, I bet there are people out there with 10k matches in.

Last edited:

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
Today. I have lost to so much BS it hurts. -even my mains were getting stomped by cliche, obvious strategies. I think my defensive game is totally off. :|

AdaptiveTrigger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AdaptiveTrigger
3DS FC
4055-4954-5664
Sometimes I just lose to predictable patterns where I really should just know better. When this happens, it just causes me to lose confidence with certain characters so I'm unable to pick them for a while. Usually it just means I just need to stop and approach the match in a different way.

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
I've recently started losing to players who are clearly much worse than me. It's probably because I'm starting to think too logically because many of my recent losses have been because I assume my opponent will adapt based on how I play even when it is clear that they are playing Smash Bros as if it is a one player game.

While it isn't my worst day on FG ever, it is probably the most frustrating for me personally.

ReturningFall

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RecurringN
3DS FC
1934-0989-6824
This happens to me every couple weeks.

Kinda funny too. I have about a 60% win rate and about the same number of games. I think the trick is to not let it get to you. The more you think about it, the longer it lasts.

BurstPanther

Smash Apprentice
I've recently started losing to players who are clearly much worse than me. It's probably because I'm starting to think too logically because many of my recent losses have been because I assume my opponent will adapt based on how I play even when it is clear that they are playing Smash Bros as if it is a one player game.

While it isn't my worst day on FG ever, it is probably the most frustrating for me personally.
This is me all over. Oh, you're going for a falcon punch? Let me jump in the way! Haha

ReturningFall

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RecurringN
3DS FC
1934-0989-6824
This is me all over. Oh, you're going for a falcon punch? Let me jump in the way! Haha
Charging a smash? Imma gonna counter you noob. Lunica FTW!

Oh. Wait. I forgot I'm jigglypuff this round and just threw the game.

supersonicstep

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0361-8688-6963

Well lemme tell u a story of a little player named troll2king who tossed my salad in game if u want the video my youtube channel is supersonicstep...enjoy

ReturningFall

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RecurringN
3DS FC
1934-0989-6824
Well lemme tell u a story of a little player named troll2king who tossed my salad in game if u want the video my youtube channel is supersonicstep...enjoy
This sounds hilarious, but all I found were a bunch of "random replays." Could you do me a favor and either provide a link or post enough of the URL I could find the video you are talking about?

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
That pretty much sums it up. For me, though, it's more along the lines of "I've just countered 20 raptor boosts in a row. My opponent can't be stupid enough to try it again."

Of course, I forgot that they were stupid enough to use raptor boost 20 times in a row even after getting punished for it each time, so I end up eating an attack that I should have stopped easily.

Divine123

Smash Rookie
NNID
Divine1234
3DS FC
2062-9927-4567
I had one of the worst days in my Smash career an few days it was terrible. Most of the matches i should had won was stolen from me by lag i barely won one match that day, because all my opponents had an bad connection. :/

TheKingWalnut

Smash Apprentice
I feel you man. I've had many a day where I've jumped into FG only to get absolutely DESTROYED. It usually happens after I go on a winning streak on local. Thinking I'm hot stuff, I go into FG and I lose every match. But every day is a new day so you never know what's going to happen the next day.

ReturningFall

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RecurringN
3DS FC
1934-0989-6824
I feel you man. I've had many a day where I've jumped into FG only to get absolutely DESTROYED. It usually happens after I go on a winning streak on local. Thinking I'm hot stuff, I go into FG and I lose every match. But every day is a new day so you never know what's going to happen the next day.
Is the much rumored Matchmaking?

BurstPanther

Smash Apprentice
I was the saltiest i had ever been yesterday, i was over it quick through,

I was mucking around with other characters on FG, lost a game to a Sonic main who wasn't that good but he was being real douche, i thought, oh well i'll pull out my Link/Falcon who i play much much better.

Then i ended up going Falcon and was wiping the floor with this dude, he was on 80 + % on his 2nd stock when he finally took my first... then it happened, i chased him off the side for the kill, planned my recovery, I upaired him and as i went to return with with my upspecial... aaaaannnnddddd raptor boosted straight into the side and fell helplessly to my death just before he died in the background, hence i lost which resulted in a tag change to 'HAHAHA' and him quitting before i could take my revenge.

I stewed for about 10 seconds, then i was over it haha

1FC0

Smash Lord
Yeah we both have had bad Smash days mate. Yesterday twice out of around 15 (Not sure how many exactly) matches and my win rate actually dropped to below 91%.

IT WAS ONE OF THOSE DAAAAAYYYYYYSSSS !!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
When everyone just quit and quit with the fight not even starting. I even played a Yellow Luigi who just punched the air and SD'd. I think his name was Pablo or something like that... hey, are you reading, yellow Luigi? Thanks for the free win.

1FC0

Smash Lord
I am so good that to me almost all wins feel as free wins.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well, nothing beats getting free wins with my opponents SDing on purpose just cuz they didn't want anything to to with my Rosalina, Little Mac and/or even my Mega Man.

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
Well, nothing beats getting free wins with my opponents SDing on purpose just cuz they didn't want anything to to with my Rosalina, Little Mac and/or even my Mega Man.
Against me they D/C a lot too but often after I have owned them, like taking their first stock with 0% (Yeah I am the best I do that a lot).

I love it and taunt like a madman with Uptilt when they do it.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Against me they D/C a lot too but often after I have owned them, like taking their first stock with 0% (Yeah I am the best I do that a lot).

I love it and taunt like a madman with Uptilt when they do it.
It's starting to become a common thing for me, too. And as soon as they respawn and then walk out, I tend to go after them and try to deliver the first blow.

1FC0

Smash Lord
It's starting to become a common thing for me, too. And as soon as they respawn and then walk out, I tend to go after them and try to deliver the first blow.
Yeah I often chase them too. But I rarely hit them. Maybe next time I should grab a Gyro to throw down. I would love to hit one of those noobs some day.

I love hitting people who are falling to their death a lot in general. Even people who fought well but are falling simply because they could not recover sometimes get a goodbey attack from me, like stage spiking them, spiking them, knocking them below the field with Bair. Too bad I often miss when trying this and then they fall to their death normally.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Yeah I often chase them too. But I rarely hit them. Maybe next time I should grab a Gyro to throw down. I would love to hit one of those noobs some day.

I love hitting people who are falling to their death a lot in general. Even people who fought well but are falling simply because they could not recover sometimes get a goodbey attack from me, like stage spiking them, spiking them, knocking them below the field with Bair. Too bad I often miss when trying this and then they fall to their death normally.
The :shaker: must've been delicious.:smirk:

1FC0

Smash Lord
The :shaker: must've been delicious.:smirk:
I like to think so but cannot be sure. I do wish that I could share my evaluation of their skill level with them like people can in WiiU. But Smash 3DS has no way to chat.

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
Another reason to nerf Greninja.

In all seriousness, I always have bad days while playing. Often I have very good days, but other times... everything seems off. You have to be in the willing mood to play to do well.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I like to think so but cannot be sure. I do wish that I could share my evaluation of their skill level with them like people can in WiiU. But Smash 3DS has no way to chat.
Yeah, that is true especially on the 3DS version.

Top Bottom