• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Wolf Videos

Revven

FrankerZ
I've got quite a few and the most recent one I have is just **** and full of epic win (IMO). Anyway, let's get down to business.

0WN1N (Wolf) VS. Terry (R.O.B)

This was my first time using Wolf against an actual human. I'm not very good with him in this video as you can tell and I'm much better now. I do pretty okay... nothing too interesting and the player isn't the best with R.O.B anyway.

0WN1N (Wolf) VS. Terry (Lucario)

Not much to say here, got a bit better with him. This is within the same night of the previous battle as well so not much improvement aside from getting used to him. Same player as before but different character.

KAI (ZSS) VS. 0WN1N (Wolf)

This is the **** video. It was not my choice that items were on, it was my opponent and while I may not deserve to brag because items were on you have to admit that what happened was pretty epic, especially that first KO. I even wonder if that first KO can be counted as a combo with items! :laugh: But yeah... I digress, complete ownage here and just happened Friday night.

I don't have any vids where I completely own with Wolf without items on but, trust me, I do really well with him now. Had I recorded a few matches I had with one of my friends yesterday, you'd probably be more impressed. Sorry for so few, I thought I had more, but, I guess not. My main is Diddy Kong however, though, my Wolf isn't that bad (that and he's my secondary so I'm working on him). I don't think I need any advice. Comments are welcome though and you can critique my skills in the videos I've provided but, just know that all three of these were wi-fi and aren't nearly as recent as yesterday. :p

I love the last one the most though >_>.

Oh and I'll post more Wolf videos when I get more recorded. :)

Bocks

Smash Apprentice
hmm.. you need some work, maybe its just exp u need actually / a better opponent

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
Im guessing you just picked up wolf so Im going to give a few tips(You can read them or not):

A little less grabbing, more Blasting!!- Yes, the grabs are good but your blaster is a key part in approaching and retreating from the other player. You can even combo into a blaster which is even more effective.

Neutral Air, one of your three best friends- You can do anything after a neutral Air since there is absolutely no lag what so ever. I prefer to beutral air to shine to f-smash/d-smash, and that usually can either kill or rack up serious damage.

Back Air, another one of your best friends- OK, your back air can be just as useful as a Neutral Air since it also has relatively no lag. Use it. Abuse it.

D-smash, your last best friend- It is almost equal to the f-smash but better because of its backwards range as well. Use it.

Shine(down B)- It has use! The shine stuns the other player that way you can get in a free f-smash or d-smash. Use it. Abuse it.

Over B, Just as good as Up B- Afraid your not going to make it? Use this to get back on the ledge. It can be just as useful as the up b, and can save you an extra stock in some cases.

Bocks

Smash Apprentice
to add on to what captain said, first of all shine doesnt lead to an fsmash (can be shielded by all characters) but often it does anyway because ti interrupts their attack putting them off guard, they will often be succeptable

like nair and bair, lrn to use fair without lag, its difficult to master (currently working on it) competitively

side b is much better for recovering in almost every way i can think of (except of course, vertical) you can also cancel your side b to get almost double the range of a horizontal up b, unfortunately this doesn't sweetspot the ledge, use it after a double jumped successful edgeguard, with no opponent waiting for you

basically though u'll learn all this on your own through exp, just keep playin

Revven

FrankerZ
Im guessing you just picked up wolf so Im going to give a few tips(You can read them or not):

A little less grabbing, more Blasting!!- Yes, the grabs are good but your blaster is a key part in approaching and retreating from the other player. You can even combo into a blaster which is even more effective.

Neutral Air, one of your three best friends- You can do anything after a neutral Air since there is absolutely no lag what so ever. I prefer to beutral air to shine to f-smash/d-smash, and that usually can either kill or rack up serious damage.

Back Air, another one of your best friends- OK, your back air can be just as useful as a Neutral Air since it also has relatively no lag. Use it. Abuse it.

D-smash, your last best friend- It is almost equal to the f-smash but better because of its backwards range as well. Use it.

Shine(down B)- It has use! The shine stuns the other player that way you can get in a free f-smash or d-smash. Use it. Abuse it.

Over B, Just as good as Up B- Afraid your not going to make it? Use this to get back on the ledge. It can be just as useful as the up b, and can save you an extra stock in some cases.
to add on to what captain said, first of all shine doesnt lead to an fsmash (can be shielded by all characters) but often it does anyway because ti interrupts their attack putting them off guard, they will often be succeptable

like nair and bair, lrn to use fair without lag, its difficult to master (currently working on it) competitively

side b is much better for recovering in almost every way i can think of (except of course, vertical) you can also cancel your side b to get almost double the range of a horizontal up b, unfortunately this doesn't sweetspot the ledge, use it after a double jumped successful edgeguard, with no opponent waiting for you

basically though u'll learn all this on your own through exp, just keep playin
Thanks for the tips. I've learned pretty much most of this by playing him more (I even got 115 KOs in Endless Brawl with him). I'm much better now than I was in the videos posted, had I got these up earlier I probably would've kept your tips in mind. And I still will even though I already do most of what you've both said right now. SO glad I chose Wolf as my secondary. :)

Top Bottom