• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Wii just turns off

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
i replaced the theme music for the character select screen. the file was twice the size of the original, but it let me do it. i started it up in the wii and everything worked fine. until i select a stage and hit start, then the wii just turns off, doesn't freeze... same thing happens when i go to the title screen, after a few seconds when its about to show the vid or cpus fighting, the wii turns off.... why is this?

SinsOfApathy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Psion312
Did you remove any files too?

You can add larger files, but Nintendont crashes due to ARAM issues if you're exceeding the original 1.35GB available.

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
Did you remove any files too?

You can add larger files, but Nintendont crashes due to ARAM issues if you're exceeding the original 1.35GB available.
it was only like 2.5mb larger. when nintendont crashes, the wii just turns off? i figured it would freeze or something

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
so i'm going through my audio files and theres stages and stuff that i never play and the files are like 3-4 mb. can i replace those files with like a 10 sec clip to make it like 50kb to free up space to have the other songs as larger files? for instance, didn't they take out the video that plays at the title screen when you don't hit any botton thats 15min long? i just found that audio file and its 30 mb. if i change that to 1mb, thats a lot of freed up space

also going through all the audio files, ive found alot of outtakes/alternate anouncer sayings that are never used in the game (and japan) is it safe to just delete all that?

Last edited:

SinsOfApathy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Psion312
so i'm going through my audio files and theres stages and stuff that i never play and the files are like 3-4 mb. can i replace those files with like a 10 sec clip to make it like 50kb to free up space to have the other songs as larger files? for instance, didn't they take out the video that plays at the title screen when you don't hit any botton thats 15min long? i just found that audio file and its 30 mb. if i change that to 1mb, thats a lot of freed up space

also going through all the audio files, ive found alot of outtakes/alternate anouncer sayings that are never used in the game (and japan) is it safe to just delete all that?
Yes, that's what Achilles did with 20XX. You'll just run into issues if you run the default debug menu that boots you into Japanese mode.

Last edited:

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
ok... i've been playing with it and i figured out that y my wii was crashing was cuz i was going over the max 1.35gb limit. so i found a file i didn't need and altered it from 30mb to 1 mb, freeing 29mb. i then went back and changed the menu 1 file from the 2.1mb file to the 5.0mb file and it works fine..... but heres the problem. when a battle ends and your at the results screen, if you wait for that music to end (around5/6 seconds) and then hit start everything is fine. but if at the results screen your just tapping start nonstop, you cut off the ending of the music at around 4 sec and when you get back to the character select screen, the new audio i put in plays but only for 1 second and then goes silent... any idea?

Top Bottom