• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My weird way of getting better at Melee

Would you do this for

• Week

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Month

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Year

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

Blixen

Smash Cadet
NNID
FalconCantWin
So the way I personally got better at Melee was I did not play any other game for the past two years except Project M I think that me doing this made me a much much much better at the game and here is why since I was disconnected from other games I have grown onto melees mechanics and through all the time spent played and learning all these new things made me rapidly improve so I think if you are a new player I recommend doing this probably not for the same amount of time I did but for maybe a week month two months or a year :GCStart:

Amaru

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheMACH1NE
I did this and ended up plateauing for the longest time. I actually think it's a bad idea to spend all of your time on a game you're trying to get good at. If you look at the streams on Twitch of top players, you'll see them playing a lot of Smash, but they'll be playing a lot of other games to.

iAmMatt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mattgw420
I could understand how playing pm can help you improve in melee. Although melee's movement feels a little smoother to me both games share a lot of the same mechanics and fundamentals

Raycu

Smash Apprentice
Wait, you're saying practicing and playing melee made you better at melee? That seems pretty obvious. :/

iAmMatt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mattgw420
Wait, you're saying practicing and playing melee made you better at melee? That seems pretty obvious. :/
I think what he's saying is that he primarily played pm for a year, but I could see what you mean

Top Bottom