• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Wario videos: Please Help me Improve

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
Skimming through the videos, the first thing that comes to mind: Get better opponents, lol. Looking at the regional zones in swf can help you with that.

You use the motorcycle too much. Its easily punished and is only truly useful against campy ranged opponents (If even that) You should use it rarely anyways.

Your bite usage is pretty good, but using it more always helps. I saw plenty of landed aerials which isn't good because wario has some pretty laggy aerials if not autocancelled. If you wanna fall down with a move, use nair. Autocancel is shorthopping then quickly doing an aerial so that it finished before you touch the ground.

Needs alot more dair, lol. Its too good and racks up damage and leads into stuff. Make sure you read blue shells guide as it is a huge help.

Hope I helped some.

Colten

Smash Cadet
Skimming through the videos, the first thing that comes to mind: Get better opponents, lol. Looking at the regional zones in swf can help you with that.

You use the motorcycle too much. Its easily punished and is only truly useful against campy ranged opponents (If even that) You should use it rarely anyways.

Your bite usage is pretty good, but using it more always helps. I saw plenty of landed aerials which isn't good because wario has some pretty laggy aerials if not autocancelled. If you wanna fall down with a move, use nair. Autocancel is shorthopping then quickly doing an aerial so that it finished before you touch the ground.

Needs alot more dair, lol. Its too good and racks up damage and leads into stuff. Make sure you read blue shells guide as it is a huge help.

Hope I helped some.
Sorry for sounding nooby but where do I find that? And what does swf stand for?

Lord Genome

Smash Rookie
I think that yea, you aren't playing with very good people enough and as a result even your basic skills are lacking (ie, sense of range and timing, willingness to go all out offensive when you have an advantage to press, especially in your edge guarding).

If you want to improve, find better people to play with. If you apply yourself to figuring out how to beat them, you'll get better.

Earlier comment about the bike also applies.

Drezel

Smash Cadet
i think your main problem is that you play too slow...you could easily 2 stock those guys if you played faster. secondly use dair more! SPAM DAIR ****IT! third dont DI (directional influence) INTO an attack! i saw you do that a couple of times and get killed. and lastly the best way to land a fart is hit someone into the air (or allow them to jump in the air) and jump at them like youre gonna hit em but use the fart instead. i think there r a couple vids of this somewhere...

Colten

Smash Cadet
I think that yea, you aren't playing with very good people enough and as a result even your basic skills are lacking (ie, sense of range and timing, willingness to go all out offensive when you have an advantage to press, especially in your edge guarding).

If you want to improve, find better people to play with. If you apply yourself to figuring out how to beat them, you'll get better.

Earlier comment about the bike also applies.
That Friend Finder thing doesn't work very well, when I went on, there was one person online, and I could only contact him by PM, unless there is a pager system or something I'm unaware of. Would searching the forums be a better way of finding opponents and PM'ing them? The reason I use the Bike for an attack is because my opponents cannot counter it, even though it is easily punished. What do you sugest for finding better opponents, could you give me a small list of good Smash players that would show me a thing or two?​

i think your main problem is that you play too slow...you could easily 2 stock those guys if you played faster. secondly use dair more! SPAM DAIR ****IT! third dont DI (directional influence) INTO an attack! i saw you do that a couple of times and get killed. and lastly the best way to land a fart is hit someone into the air (or allow them to jump in the air) and jump at them like youre gonna hit em but use the fart instead. i think there r a couple vids of this somewhere...
I find it dificult to land Dairs, especially on Metaknights. Should I wait for them to shield, or do something like a Fair then lead into a Dair?​

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
Honestly, I never have any problem landing dair because it has ok priority. If you really wanted to know the best way to crank one out just sh dair out of shield.

Colten

Smash Cadet
Honestly, I never have any problem landing dair because it has ok priority. If you really wanted to know the best way to crank one out just sh dair out of shield.
I'm having a bit of trouble fighting ROB, with his Smash down A, when I Dair him, he immediately does that move.
I think the best way to hit with a fart would be to attack while they are returning to the stage. I'm trying to find some good warios to play against, are any of you guys up for a match later?​

Drezel

Smash Cadet
how could u have trouble landing dair? unless your opponent is like super amazing it shouldnt be too hard+just wait for them to attack and dair them during their cooldown

dude join smashbrawlrankings.com-thats what i use anyway
there are probly others but thats what i came to first so w/ever-oh its free too :chuckle:

Colten

Smash Cadet
how could u have trouble landing dair? unless your opponent is like super amazing it shouldnt be too hard+just wait for them to attack and dair them during their cooldown

dude join smashbrawlrankings.com-thats what i use anyway
there are probly others but thats what i came to first so w/ever-oh its free too :chuckle:
I've been working on it and can hit alot better with it now. Usually I just dived in with a dair and got countered, now I do what you said. I think I'll join that site, thanks!
P.S: Do you want to battle sometime?​

Colten

Smash Cadet
there is not much to improve besides you should be more aggressive b/c of Wario's short range, you just have to play more, like everyone else at this stage of the game.
What is the best killing move to use? I rack up damage easily with Wario's Smash > A so it doesn't send foes far. Does up throw to Up air work well?​

Colten

Smash Cadet
Alright guys I finally got around to uploading some new videos. What do you guys think? I'm trying to make more use of Dair​

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You have to be one of the most grounded Warios I've ever seen... but hey, if it works for you, it works. The opponents are still a bit subpar... especially that metaknight :\ You should join some site like gamebattles or smashbrawlrankings to find opponents that'll really test your limits. Your timing/landing of farts is pretty good, your gimping needs a bit of work (coulda had some chances on that Olimar, but he was suicidal enough anyway XD).

Something you can work on is the shorthop-fastfall up air, that catches people offguard a lot and can lead to kills/damage, plus it gets opponents in the air for more domination. You also could do some more shorthop down airs, it does pretty nice damage and helps refresh the fsmash. Lastly, you should work on baiting a bit (i.e. jump in and DI out of range) to force a punishable move.

You use bite quite well, keep it up!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You have to be one of the most grounded Warios I've ever seen... but hey, if it works for you, it works. The opponents are still a bit subpar... especially that metaknight :\ You should join some site like gamebattles or smashbrawlrankings to find opponents that'll really test your limits. Your timing/landing of farts is pretty good, your gimping needs a bit of work (coulda had some chances on that Olimar, but he was suicidal enough anyway XD).

Something you can work on is the shorthop-fastfall up air, that catches people offguard a lot and can lead to kills/damage, plus it gets opponents in the air for more domination. You also could do some more shorthop down airs, it does pretty nice damage and helps refresh the fsmash. Lastly, you should work on baiting a bit (i.e. jump in and DI out of range) to force a punishable move.

You use bite quite well, keep it up!
"A grounded Wario is an unhappy Wario."

More Fthrows, less bike on the ground (especially against Olimar), and MOAR MINDGAMEZ!!! lol but yeah Phantom has it covered pretty much. You should play me, my town of gamers actually had the audacity to ban/restrict me from their local tournaments until we get people from out of town to compete here, and I'm having a hard time finding a willing opponent these days.

Colten

Smash Cadet
"A grounded Wario is an unhappy Wario."

More Fthrows, less bike on the ground (especially against Olimar), and MOAR MINDGAMEZ!!! lol but yeah Phantom has it covered pretty much. You should play me, my town of gamers actually had the audacity to ban/restrict me from their local tournaments until we get people from out of town to compete here, and I'm having a hard time finding a willing opponent these days.
Aha I'm going to a party in a bit, so I'll add your code now. I probobly won't have the concentration to add you when I get back, brawl is a good laugh when your drunk lol
I'll be back on later tonight. My code is

Scratch that I'm leaving tommorow for Infantry Training the whole summer so I'll play you at the end of August. No Brawl till then for me​

Top Bottom