• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS My Two biggest Issues with Smash 3DS

Trueshinobi

Smash Rookie
I really love Smash 3DS so far! Aside from that, I have to big gripes with the game. I can't seem to get used to the circle pad to perform smash attacks. I always end up spamming a move like kicking instead of performing a smash. Does anyone else have this same problem? The second issue is the annoying lv 9 CPU....The CPU really likes to dodge, roll, and shield A LOT!!! Jeez it's frustrating. It feels like the CPU knows what I'm going to do before I do it!! Other than these two complaints, I'm really loving this game!

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Try tapping the circle pad a bit more. Should work, just takes a bit of practice. Also, just adjust it to levle 7 or 8. I recommend 7, it's really nice to play against them.

JasnJazz

Smash Rookie
NNID
JasNWally
3DS FC
1478-5055-7235
I find that I pull out smash attacks accidentally more than the other way around, I hope the Circle Pad can take this long term. But I agree with the lvl 9 CPU, totally a pain in the behind. I suggest not going there unless you have to, level 9 CPUs won't help you get better at fighting real people.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
It IS good practice for speed, though. Since they shield and grab 95% of the time.

Trueshinobi

Smash Rookie
Try tapping the circle pad a bit more. Should work, just takes a bit of practice. Also, just adjust it to levle 7 or 8. I recommend 7, it's really nice to play against them.
I'll try that. I tend to tap the circle pad too lightly and I wonder if this might be the problem. Thanks for the CPU level info, I've tried against lv 7 and it's actually very balanced unlike lv 9!

Trueshinobi

Smash Rookie
I find that I pull out smash attacks accidentally more than the other way around, I hope the Circle Pad can take this long term. But I agree with the lvl 9 CPU, totally a pain in the behind. I suggest not going there unless you have to, level 9 CPUs won't help you get better at fighting real people.
Yes that is exactly like my situation. I get lucky when I am able to pull off smash attacks. My main right now is Captain Falcon and it's crucial that I learn how to smash efficiently! I just now found out that lv 7 CPUs are apparently the best to practice against, and it's true!

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
Never practice against computers higher than 7, they start to cheat and do inhuman reflex combos that no player can do intentially (such as a full-fledge combo in the tiiiiiiiiny window during your rapid-punch attack they arent stunned).
That being said, you really shouldnt play against them for long. Computers take a totally different tactic to beat than players. Once you feel you have the hang of the controls start going online.

I played against computers almost exclusively in brawl because of my previous military life putting me in places nobody plays it in. i got to the point where i could beat 3 lv9 computers on a team against me as Wario. I wasnt good, i just knew how to dupe the computer AI, the moment i faced against a real player i got stomped sooooo hard...

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
I find the lack of story or adventure mode to be even worse :[
Also the controls are easy to get use to. If u want you could mod the 3ds to be compatible w/ the gc controller.
Can't post the link rn.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
@ ILOVESMASH ILOVESMASH - Well personally, I don't really mind the lack of story mode, though adventure mode would be nice, as I'm perfectly okay with creating my own stories within the game =P

@ Trueshinobi Trueshinobi - Dsull's right, levle 7 CPU is nice to play against, but when you've gotten used to how YOUR main handles in a fight, you should take on human players to get better at fighting HUMAN players, not AIs XP
Also, Captain Falcon's alternatives for smashing are his amazing aerial knee and falcon punch, both which deal a bit more damage and have more knockback. Smashes are usually more acessible though, but as Captain Falcon I often go for side special rather than smash whenever my opponent's in front of me, so I can combo with up special.

Last edited:

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
The worst CPUs are the ones that have some sort of counter. Shielding and dodging ridiculously is one thing, but when I lose 3 stocks to Shulk's Vision, something is wrong.

Top Bottom